Hips popping?

I've started these new exercise DVDs that totally kick my butt and now my hips keep popping and this morning my left hip gave out and I fell... is this normal? lol It doesn't hurt or anything... just skinned my knee on the carpet from the fall :laugh:

Replies

• TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    I don't know - popping noises are okay but the falling down and dislocation - probably not so good. I would ask a DR. to be certain everything is okay. How long has this been happening?
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    I'm not sure, but its happening to me too. At least I can empathize.:smile:
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    I don't know - popping noises are okay but the falling down and dislocation - probably not so good. I would ask a DR. to be certain everything is okay. How long has this been happening?

It just started this morning. I went to get out of bed and just fell to the floor. It's not painful or anything but for some reason I couldn't bear my weight at that time. I haven't had any other problems all day... just the popping noises.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I would call a chiropractor to have it looked at. My knees & hips clack and pop all the time. When I was in high school, I had my knees looked at, and the doctor told me basically it was the ligaments/muscles acting like rubber bands against my knee caps. They would stretch & snap against the bone, making that popping noise.
    I see a chiropractor regularly now, and I can't say enough how much he's done for any trouble my body's given me during this journey. I go in, hurting and sore, he hurts me some more, tells me to stand up, and somehow, magically, the pain is gone. Go figure!
  • sayuri1
    sayuri1 Posts: 111
    Are you doing proper stretches before you begin your work out?
    It's probably that you have sustain an injury in your muscles because
    you've overworked them. I had the same problem with my knee until my mother yelled
    at me to stretch out first. Lol.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    popping is generally a sign of damaged or weak supporting muscles. If your hips are popping it probably means you need to work on your hip flexors and core. I would do some work there. Popping means that bone is going in and out of the correct socket that is guarded and stabilized by both muscle and ligaments, without the proper muscle strength in that area, the bone will be too "flexible" and in this sense that's not a good thing.
  • I have the same issue because I do taekwondo. The ligaments snapping across the bones. Its called Dancers Hips or snapping hip syndrome. It can be painful, if you overwork yourself. I have never had the weight bearing issue though.