2 mo. in 50lbs lost, 100lbs to go! Looking for MFP pals

Options
I joined MFP after I was discharged from the cardiac ward of my local hospital. I went in 48 hours before with A-Fib, I thought I was having a heart attack at 43 years old! It really didn't surprise me, I didn't exercise and I ate whatever and how much ever I wanted. Drastic times calls for drastic measures, right? I made the first move by deciding that it was finally time for a lifestyle overhaul. That part was easy, it was either change my habits or die. I had a complete blood work up done and a stress test during my hospital stay. I was very fortunate, everything came back at acceptable levels. Yes, cholesterol, sugar and bp were all fine. My heart was working strong, but I learned my A-Fib was brought on by sleep apnea. The sleep apnea was a direct result of my gross obesity! I truly believe God gave me a second chance, and I was not going to take it lightly.
With the help of my friends (including MFP friends), my family ,(especially my mom), and God, I have lost over 50 pounds in a matter of a couple of months! If you are looking for encouragement from a guy who spends all day in a gym to lose weight, don't send me a friend request, I wouldn't be any help. If you want a real, down to earth, normal kind of guy who is disciplined to eat right and at least try to get some walking in everyday, it's me! I recently took over as a group leader for our fit and healthy group that meets at my church. I am always looking for pointers and real life experiences that worked or even didn't work. Please add me as a friend if you think that we can help each other on our new lifestyle. Thanks, Steve (married over 22 years, father of 4, and grandfather of 3 (+1 on the way))

Replies

• levstein
    levstein Posts: 74
    Options
    What a fantastic story and haven't you achieved a great deal in a couple of months? I feel like you it's time to change for health reasons. No one else can do this for you it makes so much sense when you think about it. There is no great secret to being slim it's simply healthy eating regular exercise and taking control one day at a time. Keep up the good work and please add me as a friend I am new to this day 12 and loving it!
  • TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    WAY TO GO! glad you are doing better. I have been on MFP for a week and I have made the lifestyle change a month ago and I have shed 12 pounds so far. I have 3 wonderful kids and a husband for the last 13 years. My family and God sure has helped me with this change. I love to encourage people and have encouragement back.
  • Bryanslady
    Bryanslady Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job !