Mid-day Madness!

Options
I am trying very hard to lose weight and need suggestions on mid-day snacking. I usually make myself some coffee with creamer that amounts to no more than 60 calories as well as a small snack to get me through the afternoon. I would love to hear what all of you snack on between lunch and dinner too so I can add some options for myself. That is when it is hardest for me to stay away from the junk! Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• luvmyleo
    luvmyleo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I will usually have an ounce of almonds. Today I made my own trail mix with almonds, dried pineapple, and dark chocolate. Was yummy but higher calories so could just have a bit.
  • AHealthyMe15
    AHealthyMe15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fruit is always a good choice
    nuts (in moderation)
    cut up carrots/green peppers/etc.
    hard boiled eggs! my favorite
    cottage cheese/yogurt
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yum that sounds so good! I will have to try it :smile:
    The only problem I have with veggies is that I can' stand eating them raw. It gets hard at work to always steam them but I think I will have to try harder to do that. Hard boiled eggs do sound yummy! I need to watch my cholesterol a little though so it'd have to be the whites (which are good too!)
  • AHealthyMe15
    AHealthyMe15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    true, but remember good versus bad cholesterol! sometimes I will do some veggies cooked with a bit of oil and vinegar and pepper and salt...or even a little sauce of your choosing to make them tasty a little is ok!
  • scottsllama
    Options
    I've taken to keeping Fiber One or Special K 90 calorie bars in my purse or 100 calorie snack packs for this very reason- I get really hungry in the middle of work and when I get off I'm starving- then more likely to over indulge.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My latest obsession is red bell peppers! I eat two of them sliced up and some almonds when I am out and about. Sooooo tastey. Although around here they aren't cheap. :(

Greek yogurt with berries and almonds is always a delicious and filling choice!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE celery and cream cheese, or celery and peanut butter. I am on low carb so these work for me. I also eat almonds and peanuts. Yummie. String cheese, cottage cheese, boiled eggs.

Hope these suggestions help you!

Ronney
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of coffe, how about a cup of hot green tea? It's an appetite suppressant, and you can add zero calorie sweetener!
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank for the suggestions :) I am wondering if the green tea would taste good cold, cause I am not a fan of hot drinks. Sorry, I failed to say iced coffee in my main topic! All the hard boiled egg talk is making me want some!! hehehe.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Greek yogurt, apples, pears, almonds (about 10-20 cause they do add up quick!), protein powder mixed with water or unsweetened almond milk, any kind of veggie, rice cake with almond butter, you name it!!

And nothing wrong with coffee as long as its not sweetened or full of cream.
  • saraast
    saraast Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    oh yes green tea cold is DELICIOUS! especially from starbucks (because I like to pretend that I am indulging in cultural tastes). but saw on extreme makeover: weight loss edition, chris powell (the trainer) said cold liquids=thirst quench, hot liquids=makes you feel fuller.