OH the GUILT!!!.....taco bell

Options
I am completely within my calories....but I have read so much, plus workout with someone who really preaches eating "clean" no processed food, no fast food....I feel like the cat that ate the canary...only it was a half pound burrito!!! So anyway, just needed to purge my cheating soul...thank you...that is all!!!!

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have been known to eat a seven layer burrito (...or two) now and then. It's fine every once in a while :)
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Its a treat, just treat it as one..... if you want to feel better than me, I was inspired by the Junk Food posts recently and I had a McDonalds for dinner and a couple of smirnoffs tonight, still way in on calories :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Meh, one day of Taco Bell won't kill you or hinder weight loss.

It's when you start eating Taco Bell multiple times per day/week.. thats when you gotta step back and take a look at your goals.

Oh and for the record, I don't eat clean.. and don't plan to!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    as long as it's not a regular thing.. I think we need to have our 'cheat days' from time to time. we just did a small 3 day out of town trip- Chipotle's, Panda Express, Pizza, etc.... and next month there is the 10 day road trip... ::BIG SIGH:::

I think I need to go on a juicer fast before and after...
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I had a cupcake earlier, and I am still below my calories for the day and still feel bad :(
  • Abays10
    Abays10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had Wendys for lunch..feeling a little guilty not so much over the cheeseburger but the sprite I had with it my first soda in like 2 weeks.. fail!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad!! if you are too strict for too long it can make you crack.

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Oh holy catfish, I love Taco Bell tacos. And they're soooooo high glycemic and so salty. When I eat just one (and I always have two) I feel like I just took poison and think I'd better put poison control on my speed dial. But, let's do this: One or two items from Taco Bell won't ruin you as long as you make it an infrequent thing. You shouldn't deny yourself your little "guilty" pleasures. If you do, you'll drop your goals and revert to where you were.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    All this guilt over food :sad:

You ate it, you enjoyed it, be happy! :bigsmile:
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think the danger in all of this is a total focus on food...for me that is why I have failed before. When I dieted I always wanted what I was restricted from eating. Now with MFP I am logging my food and just trying to be more aware. Before I wasn't paying attention at all to what or how much I was eating. There is a happy medium somewhere that we all need to find. We have to make peace with food and our eating. Everything in moderation!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed the nacho cheese dorito taco - YUM and I refuse to feel guilty about it. I am human and I am within my macros I am ok.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you stay within your calories and it's not a daily thing, I think it's fine!

Every time I eat there I think of this episode of Biggest Loser where everyone tells Jillian what they usually order from Taco Bell, so she goes and gets it and tries to eat a whole meal and she is like disgusted and gagging while she is eating it.

I don't think I will ever be like that, I love me some beefy nacho burritos lol. :laugh:
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Dang I haven't had taco bell in years.... Chipotle on the other hand...
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You ate food and you were under your calories, I don't see a problem. Eating "clean" isn't bad, but if you take it too far and get obsessed it's a form of disordered eating. Do your best and be realistic, that seems healthier to me!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    All this guilt over food :sad:

You ate it, you enjoyed it, be happy! :bigsmile:

Exactly! I'm no big fan of fast food (except when I'm eating it), but it's not going to hurt you one bit. You could eat at Taco Bell every day and still lose weight. I don't think the human body is as fragile or reactive as many people around here want to think.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I cannot get a handle on myself ever since Friday.

I had BW3's

Saturday. I had a big Mexican dinner and a LOT of drinks.

Yesterday, I had ice cream. pizza. and a cheeseburger & fries.

Today. A slice of pizza, some taco casserole, and Chinese.

tomorrow :: I cannot continue on like this. That's it
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    what I do is pretrack when I know I am eating out and pick the lower calorie choice. when you deprive yourself you are more likely to binge eat. it takes 3,500 calories to gain a pound. there is no way you can eat all that in one setting
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    dont make it consistant. i had two mcdoubles for dinner tonight ad felt bad for a second but went to the gym and worked em off. if we get too hung up on only eating clean you can become obsessed and just not eat enough
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it-I'd rather give into something I'm craving (including Taco Bell and worse!) than not allow myself to have it til the craving gets so bad that I eat 3 times what I would have if I had just gone before. Like everyone said-it's ok every once in awhile
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I just ate a 6" Big John's Steak and Onion sub. Thought I was being soooo good, eating the smallest size available.....and then made the horrifying discovery that I hoovered down 762 calories in one fell swoop! Ah well, I haven't indulged in a Big John sub for at least 6 months, so I refuse to feel guilty. It was well worth every bite! :bigsmile: