Replies

• GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I read it makes me fall asleep
  • thedove34
    thedove34 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nights that I cannot sleep.. I meditate. ...it works instantaneously!
  • ChaCha9904
    ChaCha9904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I take melatonin randomly because I don't want to become dependent on it. But these late nights need to stop before I start school in August! I think I might try some relaxation techniques and relaxing music. Or liquor. Just kidding.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Melatonin gave me very vivid and very bizarre dreams, I hear some other people have the same problem, so I guess just be aware of it if you haven't tried it yet :) It will make you sleep though :)

Me too. Even a half tablet was enough to give me night terrors. Plus it didn't seem to help me fall asleep any faster. But everyone's different. Tylonal PM works for me, but leaves me feeling a little zombie-ish in the morning, even if I wake up naturally without an alarm.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    at 8 pm i shut tv and computer off. I shut the bedroom door and read a bit of something and at 9 it's lights out. I like it dark as it sooths me. I never need an alarm clock, haven't in years. I'm up at 5:30 am. good luck and keep trying. I use to be a night owl working 2nd shift for years. Now i love morning.
  • jreeves628
    jreeves628 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts until I fall asleep. It help me turn my brain off. If not I think too much about everything.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The generic Tylenol PM is cheaper and works better than the "brand name." Just a thought. I go to bed around 10:30 PM and my body clock wakes me up at precisely 4:30 AM, every day, without fail. I think it's because I used to drive 26 miles round trip to the gym early every morning before I went to work at 8:30 AM. Good thing I'm a morning person! Anyway, I read on my Kindle before going to bed. Once I hit the sheets, the TV goes off and I just lay in the dark and think pleasant thoughts.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    The thing that works for me, and gets me a really good night's sleep is 30 minutes or an hour of good cardio an hour or two before bedtime.
  • stickwithme
    stickwithme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I go to bed wayy too late as well. But when I know I have to sleep, I will usually do quiet things before bed. I take a supplement sometimes, it's called GABA and you can find this in a vitamin store, it works. I like this bc it's more natural than other sleep aids. Also, melatonin, and 5 HTP help as well. I wouldn't take them all at the same time. I used to work at a GNC and several customers would come in for one of these 3 items to help them sleep.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but, a nice hot shower/bath and a couple "Calms Forte" Sleep Aid by Hyland's (Walgreen's or Target or Walmart carry it) I have to take them and pretty much get right into bed though because you get drowsy fast! GOOD LUCK! The also have a "Calm's Forte" for the mind that won't rest and you can take "Valerian Root" for that as well, like if you're having trouble shutting your mind off at night.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I go to bed around 11.....so to some people that may not be reasonable (I get up at 6am on work days) but I like to have a cup of tea before bed and light snack and I find reading or playing a simple game on my cellphone makes me soooooo sleepy.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i don't...insomniac here.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    coitus. very relaxing. :tongue:
  • kwoodson94
    kwoodson94 Posts: 37
    Options
    Sadly, I take some Tylenol PM an hour or two before bed - it's the only thing that works for me :(

This is the same thing I do, when I need it, I take only 1/2 tab. It surprisely works very well. I use it just to get back on track, 1 to 3 nights and then usually I am back in the habit. I also use it when I stay somewhere else. It is always hard to fall asleep someplace else. It works very well.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I have insomnia, brought on by stress, anxiety, and depression.

The most important thing is to set a routine and stick with it every night. That way, when you start going through the motions of getting ready for bed, your body picks up on the cues and says "oh, I'm doing this this and this, it must be bedtime."
    Do things to help you relax, like drink tea or read a book.
    If you absolutely CANNOT sleep, go see your PCP. You might need sleep aids.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

And if all else fails, Tylenol PM. :wink:

yes lets get right down to it! haha love it!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Poorly...So I just burn one down quick and pass out.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i sleep when i want to. i don't have a schedule.
    ketosis keeps my insomnia (and anxiety and depression!) in check though. makes it easier to go to bed between midnight and 3, instead of staying up til 8 or 9 am.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I work crazy hours, so I get off at 3am most nights and try to be in bed by 4am and no matter what, I always get up at 10am at the latest (earlier if I want to get my run in before it gets too hot & humid). I usually read for 10-15 minutes before bed to unwind and I have no trouble falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I'd like to get more sleep, but it's just not possible.