Getting Fit for Disney (and Life of course!)

Options
I'm going on my Disney World vacation in exactly 50 days! My goal is to lose 10 lbs before that date! Is anyone else planning a trip to the Magical Kingdom soon? I'd love to have a thread dedicated to other Disney lovers looking to get in shape for their trip :bigsmile:

Replies

• mary35699
    mary35699 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am going for my honeymoon in March, can't wait. I went this year in March as well my first time ever traveling and I am dying to go back.
  • meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My goal is a bit higher, but that's relative because we are doing it for Mickey! We have a family trip to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. Then like you a trip to Disney World in a few years when the kids get older. Feel free to friend me.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney In November. It is my first time to Florida too. I am wanting to lose about 40 lbs before we go. I want this trip to be full of great memories. I dont want to be afraid of a picture of myself:) I hope you enjoy your trip !!!
  • fitislandgirl
    fitislandgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for the replies and for sharing everyone :) My trip is now 48 days away and I can't wait! Hubby already wants to start packing lol. Last year was our first trip and we stayed at Coronado Springs Resort. We had the time of our lives and booked another trip for this year. This time we're staying at Port Orleans resort - Alligator Bayou section. :)

I just had a huge "gush" of weight loss over the past 3 days. I was retaining water big time. My goal is to get below 160 lbs before I make the trip. 155 lbs would be fantastic! :) This morning I was 165. 10 lbs!

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like. :)
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Huge Disney fan here!

We just went last month and had a great time. Your smaller body will thank you as you will find it easier to stay cooler and there is a LOT of walking to do.

I went there for my honeymoon in fact, 17 years ago and stayed at the Port Orleans (Called Dixie Landings at the time). Loved it. Nice hotel.

One tip: If there are any specific restaurants you want to experience, book now. It can be difficult to get reservations at some of the more popular spots.

Brian
  • Lorie269
    Lorie269 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My family goes to Disney World every other year and every year I say I'm going to lose weight so I can ride with my kids instead of sitting on a bench all day. Every year, I fail. We are heading back in June 2013 and this time I am determined to lose. Good luck to you and I hope you have an awesome trip!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love Disney! I would totally move in with Mickey but I wouldn't want to piss off Minnie ;)

We went in March and will not be going back this year... maybe next
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My family is going on a Disney Cruise in February. I'd really like to lose 50 pounds by then. If I work really hard, I can do it!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Going to Disneyland in just over two weeks. Can't wait!
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    Thanks Brian!! Last year was our first trip to Disney World and we absolutely loved it! I completely agree that my lighter body will thank me which is why I want to lose another 8 lbs before the trip. Our travel date is the hottest time of year for Florida and it's a lot of walking. :)

I'm very excited to stay at Port Orleans resort. We stayed at the Coronado Springs last year and it was beautiful. I'm reading excellent reviews for Port Orleans as well.

Thanks for the tip on dining. We've been booking our reservations for the last few months so I think we're all set! :-) I know I will enjoy the dining plan while I'm down there - hence another reason to lighten up :)
    Huge Disney fan here!

We just went last month and had a great time. Your smaller body will thank you as you will find it easier to stay cooler and there is a LOT of walking to do.

I went there for my honeymoon in fact, 17 years ago and stayed at the Port Orleans (Called Dixie Landings at the time). Loved it. Nice hotel.

One tip: If there are any specific restaurants you want to experience, book now. It can be difficult to get reservations at some of the more popular spots.

Brian
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    Have a great trip! :)
    Going to Disneyland in just over two weeks. Can't wait!
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    You can totally do this!! Please feel free to add me as a friend for support if you like. :)
    Hi there! My family goes to Disney World every other year and every year I say I'm going to lose weight so I can ride with my kids instead of sitting on a bench all day. Every year, I fail. We are heading back in June 2013 and this time I am determined to lose. Good luck to you and I hope you have an awesome trip!
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    I would move in with Mickey too!! We could be Sister Wives :-)
    Oh how I love Disney! I would totally move in with Mickey but I wouldn't want to piss off Minnie ;)

We went in March and will not be going back this year... maybe next
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    Wow a Disney Cruise! I would love to go on one as well. Are they more expensive compared to a Disney World vacation? Is there much to do on the cruise? You can definitely do this! Please feel free to add me as a friend for support if you like. :)

My family is going on a Disney Cruise in February. I'd really like to lose 50 pounds by then. If I work really hard, I can do it!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I promised my children in January of this year that if I lost 50 lbs we would go to Disney next year. I am a little behind goal, but I will make my goal and we will go. It was a way to get them in on supporting me when I want to exercise and eat right. They are teens but still they are excited about another trip to the Magic Kingdom.
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    What a great idea for motivation! :) I know the thoughts of wearing my bathing suit to Typhoon Lagoon has me second guessing any time a sweet craving hits. I'd also like to plan a trip to do a Disney run/marathon some year. :)
    I promised my children in January of this year that if I lost 50 lbs we would go to Disney next year. I am a little behind goal, but I will make my goal and we will go. It was a way to get them in on supporting me when I want to exercise and eat right. They are teens but still they are excited about another trip to the Magic Kingdom.
  • daisyhougan
    Options
    I'm a huge Disney fan too! We've gone many times but usually only for a day or two. When I started my weight loss journey, I decided that my incentive for losing 50 pounds would be to treat myself and DD to a trip to DisneyWorld. I'm hoping to treat us to maybe a better hotel room and/or longer trip than I'd have done before. And another part would be that instead of always being behind the camera, maybe I won't mind being in thepictures too!
  • rachristi
    rachristi Posts: 8
    Options
    I love Disney too! We are going in November and I am really hoping to lose 40 lbs. I would love to be able to get some nice family pictures where I feel like I look decent!

We are staying at POR and I can't wait!
  • fitislandgirl
    Options
    We're staying at Port Orleans resort this year too! Our trip is August 30th - September the 9th. 43 days to go!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. I feel like a little kid LOL.

I'm at work right now and thinking I want to set a goal to run a Disney Marathon sometime. Has anyone else taken part in one? I think it would be an amazing event and definitely something motivating to strive towards :-)
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    <
    Obviously I am a huge Disney fan! Good luck on losing the weight everyone! Make sure you get a ton walking in before you go so that you are ready to hike around the parks. I found the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World to be THE best book in planning out our last trip. We followed their itinerary and never had to wait more than 20 minutes in any of the lines. Just pick up the book from the library before you go. http://touringplans.com/unofficial-guide

We also downloaded an app for our smartphones (a droid but I'm sure the iPhone has an app as well) which allowed us to know the wait times for all the rides in the different WDW parks. The app was called Disney World Wait Times Lite and is free.