Workout Clothing

Options
Where can I buy some reasonably priced workout clothing? I need something that will hold everything still so I can start running. I have a LOT of "extra stuff" & am unable to run at this time. Please no rude comments. Serious answers only. Thanks!

Replies

• riverkit
    riverkit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Marshalls or one of its sister stores. Or honestly, I've heard good things about thrift stores... maybe garage sales, too?
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Everlast-All-In-One-Slimmer-Small-Medium/dp/B000V63NR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1342489611&sr=1-1

Look for one of those ^. When I had that problem, my sister bought me one of those. Not only does it "hold you in" so you don't have any extra movement (which can be painful, it was in my midsection area when I tried to do jumping jacks/run), it makes you sweat more!!!!! Goes from directly under the boobs to right at the knee. Loved mine.

That way you can wear whatever you want over it. :-)
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    p.s. My Everlast brand one lasted over 2 years. I just stopped wearing it because I didn't really need it anymore.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    Target has a good selection!!
  • melissarosati77
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • 45taylor
    45taylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love the champion line at Target!! and check 6pm.com for awesome deals on athletic gear.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I looooove Target. The Champion sports bras are on sale this week (at my target, anyway)! They are the best!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im just curious if anyone knows of any compression shorts similar to Under Armour. But a little less cheaper. I don't mind paying the 22$ price for the shorts. I just can't afford to have as many as i'd like. When it comes to working out, I like quality, which is why I pay a little more for most of the stuff I get.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Marshalls and Target work for me :)
    I read recently that if you dress "the part" you'll act "the part"...its true. Also, treat yourself to a few work out outfits that make you feel good.
  • melissarosati77
    Options
    I'll check out Target tomorrow! i'm checking out Amazon right now!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can also find (occasionally) good deals directly on some of the manufacturers website (adidas, Under Armour etc) or at the outlet malls - usually the clearance stuff is "last year's" models or colours but you're looking for clothes to work out in not a car.
  • 9Rounder
    9Rounder Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Kohl's for their Fila wear. If you get a coupon, you can often get 15-30% off, plus everything is always on sale. Target has decent C9 stuff too.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    And if you have boobs... invest in a few good workout bras. They may cost more but you'll feel more comfortable working out.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I get some great stuff at TJMaxx. There is a brand of capris called "The GIrls" that are great. There is one style with "tummy control". Look for those. I wear them to Zumba and my belly feels supported.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I find alot of stuff at TJ Maxx (sister store to Marshall's), Ross stores are similar too.

Then also try JC Penny's. They had alot of good stuff when i worked there.
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've noticed there is a lot on clearance on the Old Navy website, no idea about their quality though!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You can try out Target-- they're work out gear is pretty reasonably priced. I buy sports bras from there and so far they've held up. For tops and bottoms I mostly just use old t-shirts and sweats though and the best place for things? Thrift stores.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see others said Target. I LOVE the Champion line also. I found some great shorts that have a built in "stretchy" Lycra under short! so they hold everything in and look super cute. SO NICE! the Champion shirts are nice and bright and they keep the sweat off you too. They have lasted me forever also!
  • Vic_of_Steel
    Vic_of_Steel Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Im just curious if anyone knows of any compression shorts similar to Under Armour. But a little less cheaper. I don't mind paying the 22$ price for the shorts. I just can't afford to have as many as i'd like. When it comes to working out, I like quality, which is why I pay a little more for most of the stuff I get.

I use reebok because I found a store that sells them for $8 bucks. Also adidas sells 2 for $22 I believe and Jockey is the same.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    also, I wear my regular (no underwire) bra AND a tight sports bra to keep the girls under wraps, nothing is more painful!!!