Thrive Diet

Options
Sporty98
Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
Has anyone done Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet? I am reading his book, and would like to hear from someone who has tried his diet strictly.....Thanks!

Replies

• wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    I'd be really interested too! Reading the book aswell atm. Done a vegan diet for a while, but this sounds like the next level :-) Love the approach to raw foods!!!
  • deidresilva
    Options
    I JUST started reading the book! SO inspiring!! I started out mostly for the pre- and post- work out bars and recovery shakes to have more energy during my work outs- and have slowly started to incorporate the energy bars and the smoothies.. I LOVE the fact that everything is raw and natural! But I'm a little worried about the high fat and calorie counts! I know its not supposed to be all about loosing weight (healthy nourishment and so forth) but has any one had similar issues when trying to log the calories? (disclaimer- I'm not really following the 12 day menu) maybe that has something to do with it?
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Loved the book and LOVE Vega products! I go for weeks eating Vegetarian, and days Vegan, then back to meat. I try to listen to what my body needs, and I am enjoying figuring out what's best.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I recently bought this book second hand and LOVE it. I wont' be following it completely but will incorporate some of the recipes and ideas into it.

I like how it's discussed as a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet and it talks about the toll of stress on your health and about the importance of exercise as well. It doesn't just say eat this and avoid this and lose weight. And it's not just pushing potions. It's using real, whole foods that we should be eating more of anyway.

My favourite idea from the WHOLE book was "don't eliminate foods, just start adding these foods" because I think that's a much easier way of thinking about it.
  • Carmen10017
    Carmen10017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, followed the diet strickly for 3 months last year up to my first Ironman. Never in my life did I have so much energy, slept less and very well, very clear headed, and I never got sick. When training hard 6-7 days a week it puts your body into high stress mode but if you are eating well you will not get sick or depressed/grouchy.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I read the book, it's an amazing and well written book for all athletes out there...except lifers. The program to follow is not sufficient,

Keep in mind the book is only one's opinion and one's experience, treat the informations inside the book as such. Even if he claims years of study, there is not any scientific background to the claims, (as I've noticed some errors, especially the sources of B12 vitamin, he cites miso as a source of vitamin B12 as chlorella) but that doesn't prevent the book from being an excellent one to read, and understand how to tune your diet as a vegan. (I liked all the recipes inside)

Here is the food list
    http://anthonytorres.com/thrive-diet-shopping-list.pdf