How many hours of sleep do you get per night?

Options
13»

Replies

• _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    4-5
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    7-8 right now because I can, but once I start back to school it'll be more like 5-6, I kind of wake up on my own right now after 6, but I force myself to go back to sleep for another 2ish hours, getting up at 4am just scares me, on the weekends though I usually do about 6 or 7 because i'm up around 8 or 9 and go to bed much later than during the week
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    5 to 6 hrs, but I would like to get 8 if I could.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im the type of person that wouldnt wake up if a tornado hit me.. i sleep about 9-11 hours per night without waking up. My husband hates me.. lol and It's okay, you guys feel free to hate me too. i totally understand. :ohwell:
  • Larimar0989
    Options
    about 6 hrs. :/ I'm working on this though

I read that you should have 8 1/2 in order to lose weight!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    8-9 hours.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Usually 10, though I try for 8. I'm usually just too tired though. :laugh: At least I hardly ever sleep 12 anymore, which used to be my norm.
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time going to sleep on time..and a hard time functioning before noon; the pains of being a teenager. Stupid messed up internal clock. I rarely get to sleep before 2am no matter how hard I try, and unless I have to go to school/work, I don't wake up before 12. The latest I've slept in is 5pm. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, I do try... I get into bed at usually 8-9pm every night and set my alarm for 5am. It just never happens, no matter how hard I try. Even if I do get up on time, my brain literally does not work until after lunch. If school went through nighttime and teenagers slept through the day I guarantee marks would improve drastically. It sucks.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    On average 4.5-5.5 hours ........my brain thinks it's funny to NEVER shut off. Always thinking ...that hamster MUST get tired of spinning.....no...sadly, no....apparently he's on MFP too.....
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    6 - 8 hours. Sometimes less if I'm worried about green and yellow spotted space frogs landing during the night.

:frown:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 1 1/2 to 8 hours a night. It takes me an hour to fall asleep, every time, and with a 9 1/2 month old who doesn't consistently sleep through the night, sometimes it sucks and sometimes I get lucky.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    A solid 8 hours thanks to my good friend melatonin :)
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Depends on my kids...maybe 6. Not enough!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    8 - 10 magical medicated hours of sleep
  • fishbarn
    fishbarn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    5 to 6 hours per night on average.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Have serious insomnia. On average its 4-5 hours, occasionally 6-8 but every few months i'll goto sleep for 14+ hours and wake up wondering what day it is
  • mleugene
    mleugene Posts: 5
    Options
    I bought one of those fitbit things about three weeks ago. I seem to get a bit more than 8 hours of sleep a night, but I also seem to spend quite a bit of time moving around. My "sleep efficiency" doesn't climb much higher than about 90% unless I stay up really late and just crash.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those fitbit things about three weeks ago. I seem to get a bit more than 8 hours of sleep a night, but I also seem to spend quite a bit of time moving around. My "sleep efficiency" doesn't climb much higher than about 90% unless I stay up really late and just crash.

My FitBit actually surprised me as my sleep quality is always at 95% or above. I really didn't think I slept that well.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    About 5 and a half hours. Wish it were more.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options