Late night cravings?

Options
I've eaten well all day (after having a terrible weekend of eating out due to family visiting). I've eaten all but 50 of my calories and I have the munchies! Bad.

I got myself ice water and crushed ice and tried chewing that but it's not helping at all. I'm trying to help out, but I'm just trying to figure out what I should do when I encounter this again.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    low calorie jelly always gets me through the night or some oats.
  • casper65
    casper65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try eating some veggies- very few calories, and if you eat the right ones with fiber, they will fill you up!! If it has to be sweet, eat fruit, berries especially!! a few more calories, but not out of control.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A small apple is good too! Sweet and not that many calories. And if you cut it up into lots of pieces it takes a long time to eat. :)
  • joriha92
    joriha92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I usually get a cup of tea, chew gum or have a bit of fruit if I have cravings.
  • datikihut21
    datikihut21 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth! It's a mental trick that will make you not want to eat.
  • tggt70
    tggt70 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lately at night when I need something sweet I have been having the Jarrah Low Fat Hot Chocolate sachets. They satisfy my need for something sweet and I find by the time I have finished it I am no longer hungry. What I really like about them is they come in a variety of flavours: Chocolate, extremely Chocolate, Orange Chocolate, White Chocolate etc. Each one has approx 54-60 cal's depending on the flavour you choose. Hope this helps.
  • rms171
    rms171 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello 5 calories a cup; eat two and it will fill you up. Try pickles if you do not mind the salty taste. Drink water either before or after a low cal snack. Vegetables.....no one ever became fat because of veggies.
    Or do as I occasionally feel compelled to do when I do not want to over-eat and it is the evening - head to bed.
  • dzvinka82
    dzvinka82 Posts: 33
    Options
    If the weather is nice, go for a late night walk to distract you...works for me every time...or call up a friend...do whatever you gotta do to distract yourself from the craving...
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My go to snack when I feel really hungry is popcorn! You feel like you have eaten alot but thank god w/ popcorn you can have alot!
    My other faves if you want sweets is fudgesicles and freeze pops!
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'd love for some healthy stuff that tastes like chocolate! I'd go for some of that!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I eat natural popcorn. It fills you up because it takes effort to eat and it's low in calories and has pretty much no fat. I buy Newmen's Own 100 calorie packs and dip it in some Tapatio. The spiciness helps kill cravings too!

Also Suger Free Pudding (60 Cals) or Jello... fruit, veggies, gum. Low suger popsicles help too
  • sriraw
    sriraw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ugh, this is my problem too. I will try going for a walk.

I am not really hungry so I want to figure out a way to distract myself from my craving.
  • anon86_x
    anon86_x Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I gave in a packey of ready salted crisps and a can of diet pepsi :(
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The other night I was going nuts! I got out my immersion blender and threw in some ice, a table spoon of agave nectar, four halved strawberries, and a few blue berries. It was refreshing and made my tummy shut up!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    do an extra work out and then have the snack
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'd love for some healthy stuff that tastes like chocolate! I'd go for some of that!

There's a guy on youtube who does raw foods and he makes something with carob and dates. You can check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WuQ4pGW64&feature=channel&list=UL

I like some of his ideas.