New Lap-Band Member Friend me

Options
2»

Replies

• afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just had my surgery on 3/20/2012. I lost 26lb and have 75 more to go. My Dr only does the first refill after 3 months, so I am schedule for July 18. I can not wait, I do not feel any restrictions. if was not because I log all my food and keep track of my calories, I will not got here.
    I had a very hard time the first week I lost 13lb (3/27 ), the next two weeks, i gain 2lb (4/10 . It is true that some people do not feel any restrictions? I had done this on my own before with the same results and no surgery. the problem is that I will be giving up about now!... I hope this is where the band kicks in and help me keep going

I am fortunate, I guess. My doc does the first fill at 6 weeks post op. July 18 will be my first fill, too! Good luck and keep using MFP. I am finding it very helpful...even more than before I had surgery.
  • Akendig
    Akendig Posts: 5
    Options
    I have the lap band too, would love some support..

Thanks, Alanna
  • sparks29
    sparks29 Posts: 8
    Options
    HI there

I was banded on March 8th. Since my pre-op diet started in the middle of February I am down 49 lbs. My friends list are only people who have been banded most in the month of March. If you are looking for support or diary ideas they are awesome.

:)
  • candeebandland
    Options
    add me 2 years out : )
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had my band done in 2010. 74 pounds down, 106 to go! It definitely still take a lot of hard work to lose the weight, but at least it's possible now.
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I had my band placed 3 years ago. Feel free to add me