Waking up in the middle of the night hungry?

Options
JessJessB
JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
So, I reached my goal, and I've hit the point where I've started to slowly raise my calories to get to a maintenance level. All is going pretty well, except for this one irritating thing- I'm waking up hungry. Usually around 3 am, I wake up and I'm so completely starving that I can't go back to sleep without getting a snack. 100 calories or so is usually enough to get me by, but I really miss sleeping through the night. I eat my last few calories of the day right before bed, so I'm not sure what else to do. All day long I tend to eat something every 3 or 4 hours- is this just my body asking for that 3 to 4 hour meal it's gotten used to? And if that's the case, why didn't it happen when I was in loss? I've been eating on this schedule for about a year.

WEIRD. Advice?

Replies

• crimson_seven
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I had the same issue but it turned out it wasn't the hunger waking me up, but other stress/physical issues.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have been through the same thing for sooo many years. Then I found out that I am hypoglycemic. If it continues and you aren still experiencing same symptoms, go to an endo and ask for an Oral Glucose Tolerance Test. just an advice.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    never have children i havent slept thru the night in 5 years.....makes mommy crankie

also 100 cal midnight snack ant that bad, try a bowel of icecream before bed, might help
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Do you actually have hunger in your belly, or is habit? Or a bit of both? I'd have a small cup of milk, that should settle your stomach.
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Do you actually have hunger in your belly, or is habit? Or a bit of both? I'd have a small cup of milk, that should settle your stomach.

You asked her, I know but mine is sometimes in my belly, sometimes is like a habit. I wake up all of a sudden and go to kitchen and eat from the fridge. I cant help it. I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. But I cant find a way to prevent it. It just happens every night. Dont tell me to eat before bed please. I already do it. It doesnt help at all. If you have any suggestions about it, I'ld apprecciate.