Two new dieters coming your way

Options
Figured he wouldn't introduce himself, so I will do it for us. <3

For myself I have always struggled with weight, I have lost some and seemed to gain a million pounds back. haha But this time I hope to succeed and accomplish a life style change. Currently we are on a low calorie diet, but have thought about joining weight watchers. Anyone have advice good or bad about either?

My fiance, markamusprime has struggled with weight his whole life too. In the year we lived together he gained over 100 lbs. I blame myself for this. I cooked his favorite items all the time. *sigh* We had a recent scare of chest pain, and learned he gained so much. So he decided that he needs to change. He has talked about getting bariatric surgery for awhile, but we kept putting off dieting so he could loose enough to get the surgery. He is worried about himself since he is so heavy, and he is struggling to do every day things, even getting out of the car is hard for him. :-(

We both need encouragement because we both know it will be hell to loose this weight. I am happy I found this place, and I hope we are able to reach our goals within the coming years.

Replies

• brwneyedirish813
    brwneyedirish813 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love to help encourage you both along this journey. Feel free to add me! Have a wonderful night! :D
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Both of you please feel free to add me. Let your fiance know there's a pretty active male contingent here, though we sometimes keep to ourselves. (Unless there's a good argument going!)
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me for both of you!! Good Luck on your journies, I dont do the weight watchers, but just really watch what you eat. I know what I should and should not eat. Carbs are my worst nightmare.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Because you are doing it together, it should not be 'hell' for you.
    Don't be a 'dieter,' be a lifestyle changer.
    Be a force for good in each other's lives, and you will find your lives to be joyous.
    I know, it worked for me and my wife!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You fiance as well! You will meet some great people here who nothing but success for you! Good luck to you!
  • chicaaax3
    chicaaax3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just started today as well!
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. It sounds like we are both in similar places. My husband and I have always struggled with weight and both of us gained lots of weight after we got married. We started our journey in February, when I decided I was going to look in to surgery. My insurance requires 6 months of medically supervised diet before they will approve surgery. I found MFP because the nutritionist at the clinic wanted us to keep a food journal. MFP has helped me so much that I am going to see how much I can lose on my own before revisiting the idea of surgery.

Good luck to both of you on your journey!
  • markamusprime
    Options
    Hello i am mark i guess aka markamusprime just started today with rose aka catbrush so um thanks for all the votes of luck already seems like a very nice community i hope to some day friend you all and be like a pokemon master and catch them all so send me request if you'd like.
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Welcome both of you. I think it's great that you both are doing this journey together. Feel free to add me!
  • mcortez60
    mcortez60 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello, My gf works for weightwatchers the program is great. I would go to a local w.w. meeting so that you can understand what it's about. Dont let the price scare you, It's around $40/month, many people don't want to pay but its for your health; many of us spend more money on fatening foods and unnecessary items. Try it, you will not regret it. good luck to both of you.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to both of you! I've been doing this with my hubby and my son, for 503 days straight and we've collectively lost 380 pounds in that time. My hubby started out at nearly 500 pounds and has lost 180. He was considering surgery and tried this to see if he could lose on his own. Guess what?!? It worked! He's still got more to go but he is doing it and is the picture of perfect health now. My son was nearing 300 pounds and he's lost 125 pounds.
    Feel free to add me for support and encouragement, if you'd like.
    Congrats on taking that first step in changing your life and taking control!
  • CatBrush00
    CatBrush00 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This should be interesting. So far we are doing good 0_o i think
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! You've already taken the biggest step that you'll ever need to, now just take this one day at a time!
  • CatBrush00
    CatBrush00 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!!!!!!!
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you both. Feel free to add me :)
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The mutual support you'll give each other will go a long way!