already at most of my calories (and exercise calories)

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
have you ever had one of those days where it isn't even 4 pm yet and you were so hungry you ate dinner... I only have 182 calories left (eating back exercise calories) and I have to stay up late tonight to finish 3 projects...I'm sure I'm going to be hungry before I go to bed.

Replies

• amatiq
    amatiq Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    maybe try eating air popped popcorn, cucumber slices, and things like that? Stuff that's nearly calorie free but fills you up helps a lot.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Chopped up veggies, popcorn, will keep you full longer.

Depending on your calorie budget and how often you have gone above you can go over tonight if needed. Eat when hungry but make smart choices. One day going over won't hurt you.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lol 1100?

How tall are you?
    How often do you work out?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When that happens I just go ahead and eat. It won't hurt to go over once in a while.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My philosophy is....I am generally under calories every single day....there are some days i go over. BUT what really matters to me since I weigh weekly is "am I under my weekly goal for calories?"

May not be the best way to do it but it really helps me on those super hungry long days.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    My philosophy is....I am generally under calories every single day....there are some days i go over. BUT what really matters to me since I weigh weekly is "am I under my weekly goal for calories?"

May not be the best way to do it but it really helps me on those super hungry long days.

Actually that is the best way to do it.

Most people dont realize exactly how many cals they burn a day.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    call it a maintenance day and forget about having a deficit today. that's not failure, it's smart!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Make yourself 3 egg white with a bunch of veggies. It will be under 100 calories, but will fill you up!
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tea or coffee (caffeinated) will help fill you up or make you feel more full. Veggies are good advice too. But I agree that you shouldn't feel bad about going over every once in awhile. It sounds like you have quite a night in front of you, and you could have something awesome for ~300 calories, just about 150 over your daily ;)
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Is your daily calorie goal 1100? That seems a little low.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I don't have any answers for today, but maybe you should look over your food diary and find ways to budget your calories better by finding foods that are more nutrition dense and eliminating packaged and processed foods in favor or more real food that would allow you more to eat for fewer calories and nourish your body a lot more so you would be so hungry.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    call it a maintenance day and forget about having a deficit today. that's not failure, it's smart!

It's not maintenance until she eats maintenance calories.
    LOL

My maintenance calories today was 3400.....
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

It's not maintenance until she eats maintenance calories.
    LOL

My maintenance calories today was 3400.....

That's what I meant--forget the deficit--eat AT maintenance and label it what it is. It's not "going over" if you're eating at maintenance. I should have written that more clearly in the first place. My point was that she should eat, not try to stick to less than 200 calories for the rest of the day.
  • dachic4
    dachic4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    try pickles... they are high sodium but they cut craving.
    or pineapple. they seem to cut my cravings for more food down
  • Kona2014
    Kona2014 Posts: 38
    Options
    Chopped up veggies, popcorn, will keep you full longer.

Depending on your calorie budget and how often you have gone above you can go over tonight if needed. Eat when hungry but make smart choices. One day going over won't hurt you.

sorry, change of topic, but your profile pic is amazing haha!
  • waveindigo
    waveindigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What?? Not a single vegetable in an entire week?
    I'd be hungry too!