Found a breakfast that sustains me.

Options
katmariew
katmariew Posts: 87 Member
I have found out that my 20g of protein from my breakfast just keeps me going for hours!

--honey nut cheerios/ 1% milk
--peanuts
--raisins
--coffee/splenda

calorie wise, it's a little high but my lunch is often minimal. I just hate packing lunches, and I have stopped eating out...I seem to do better when I can prepare food at home.

Raisins are 90 calories, but it's honestly just dried grapes, so there's a serving of fruit. Nuts are WONDERFUL for protein/energy. They don't make you crash like a poptart would. The cereal/milk, well I just like it, and it provides me with calcium, some carbs, and yes satisfies my sweet tooth.

Anyone else recently discover a combination of food that just WORKS?!

Replies

• Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with a cup of fresh fruit and a 1/4 cup of Grapenut cereal usually keeps me going for a few hours. I use some Stevia to cut the tartness of the plain yogurt.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Even though it sounds like something your mother (or grandmother) might have dieted on in the 1970's, cantaloupe and cottage cheese is amazingly satisfying for a loooong time. Plus, it's extra delicious -- but, in my opinion, only if you use Knudsen cottage cheese. By far superior, to my palate. Beware of the unexpectedly high sodium content.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled egg whites with chopped up spinach, mushrooms, turkey sausage crumbles and onions (sometimes cheese if I'm in the mood) with 1/3 cup sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup blackberries, and 1/3 cup raspberries
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Glad you found something that works for you.
    I can not eat those kinds of cereals, I feel like I didnt eat anything.
    I LOVE Kashi go lean original. It is high in protein and you can have a cup, not this 3/4 cup BS. To make up for the calories I have it with Almond milk. I have that every morning on the weekdays.
    On the weekends I love making 2 egg omelets with veggies.
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Glad you found something that works for you.
    I can not eat those kinds of cereals, I feel like I didnt eat anything.
    I LOVE Kashi go lean original. It is high in protein and you can have a cup, not this 3/4 cup BS. To make up for the calories I have it with Almond milk. I have that every morning on the weekdays.
    On the weekends I love making 2 egg omelets with veggies.

Yeah, it's really probably not worth the calorie count (the cereal) but I just LIKE it...certain foods I was not willing to cut :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Oats, oats and more oats! Usually mixed with peanut butter!
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eggs have really worked for me in the mornings. I used to eat one boiled egg, sometimes, for breakfast with some other healthy thing thrown in for balance. It helped, but I was hungry really soon. Now I eat two eggs and a fruit every day for breakfast. I stay VERY satisfied all morning and part of the day, too!
  • kototo
    kototo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal or Fibre one honey nut clusters. They seem to hold me thru!
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every morning I go with a whole wheat English muffin with 1 tbsp of margarine, pepper, and a hard-boiled cage-free egg. 230 calories and 25g of protein goodness.
  • joneskaw
    joneskaw Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been trying Wheetabix (2 biscuits), with 1/4 tsp of chia seeds, 1/4 tsp of flax seeds, 1/4 tsp of honey and skim milk. And then some coffee and fruit. It keeps me going all morning and is a nice summer way of replacing oatmeal, my usual go-to!
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean crunch with Greek yogurt and fruit. High calories but sets me up for the day
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I've found that plain oatmeal is very filling for my breakfast. I use one packet of Quaker's Original Oatmeal and add about a teaspoon of maple syrup and ground cinnamon and clove to taste and have a piece of fruit after-- usually a small granny smith apple, small white nectarine, or 1/2 cup of strawberries.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    bump to later read ideas
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I have not done this in a long time, but maybe i'll do it again tomorrow, now that you mention it...

I use a wine glass and crack 2 raw eggs into it, add milk and a touch of vanilla extract, and down it goes....yes I swallow the eggs whole. that and a banana and I'm not hungry for hours.

some of you are aghast, others of you know what I am talking about lol!
  • ctryfan28
    ctryfan28 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am loving the weight control Quaker instant oatmeal. They are ready in 2 minutes and taste great. Prefer the Maple and Brown sugar one to the others and not many calories either. Keeps me going till at least 11:30
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder into a cup of low-fat cottage cheese, then add a handful of blueberries or other fruit and, if I'm feeling adventurous, a tbsp of sunflower seeds. It has over 50 grams of protein, which keeps me going for a while. It's a bit sweet and gloppy, but I like it. It has about 375 calories, but that's not too bad to get that much protein, IMO.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have found that egg beaters, sandwich thin toasted, an apple holds me over most of the day and coffee. Even post workout I am not hungry after eating this
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been eating cheerios with fruit for many years. I use raisins, banana, strawberries, dried cherries, peaches (not together). I tell the kids it's 'fruit loops!"
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yoghurt, 1 cup of fresh berries (whatever I have on hand), 2 tbsp of Holy Crap (www.holycrap.ca), sometimes some All Bran buds and half a scoop of vanilla Muscle Milk powder. Almost a perfect macro 40/30/30 split and keeps me going forever!

For the past twenty years I've had peanut butter on wheat toast for breakfast, and this new concoction is a total revelation to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!