Post Gallbladder Surgery

Options
Hello,

I had my gallbladder removed almost a year ago, at 6 months pregnant I had a severe attack and was in the hospital for a week but they wouldnt remove it just then due to me being pregnant which was fine. I was put on a strict diet until after it was removed, I waited until my daughter was a few months old and had the surgery. It was a speedy recovery but what I wasnt told about was having a super sensitive stomach to dairy, fats, some meats mostly beef, oils, and certain grains. It seems to be getting worse but my dr said it was normal and should try to stick to the diet plan they gave me after the first attack.

I was wondering if anyone else suffers from a very sensitive stomach post surgery or if maybe I should go back and seek a second opinion from another doctor?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have also had my gallbladder out almost 10yrs ago now and the only thing that has ever given me trouble is eggs. Some people do become more sensitive to fatty foods post gallbladder surgery. If it's really bothersome, it couldn't hurt to get a second opinion. That's just my two cents. Hope it gets better for ya :)
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It took me a full year to be able to handle a lot of foods, but now (15+ years later) I can eat just about anything. Well, except too many french fries.

I did have to be very patient and introduce higher fat foods cautiously and one at a time.

You might want to talk to a registered dietitian who can help more with the food side of things.
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    I had mine out a few months back. I am now super sensitive to dairy especially cow's milk, fatty foods, beef, and some other little things like certain veggies, sugar, etc.
  • HaloKelly1
    HaloKelly1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I had mine taken out not that long ago, last year I think it was. Strange though, I can eat anything without sensitivity. ALTHOUGH, I have noticed it is MUCH easier for me to put on weight now. I really have to watch what I eat now as it's so easy for me to put on weight. Anyone experienced the same thing??
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi, Ive had mine out ovr a few yrs now, you will always have trouble with foods like that e.g
    Basically your gall bladder is like washing up liquid soo when you have it its like having the best brand soo it can wash away all the fat grease sooo on, when you dont its like having the cheapest brand to none sooo it takes longer to clean itself naturally anf gets clogged and soo on sumtimes still leaving pain and also other toilet issues lol
    Thats the way my dr descrbed it to me hope it helps :smile:
    But everyone is different, everyone has different trigger foods. I was told to avoid pork a def!!! and fats like cheese and anything ladden in fat. I know if I eat in excess of these My body likes to tell me with with pain :sad:
    Hope this helps x