Muesli Vs Oats

Options
jody2807
jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
Hi all can I please get some advise on Muesli VS Oats which should I be eating , I have never been a breakfast person and have only just recently started eating it .. But I am a little concerned as when you see other peoples diaries they seem to have oats . I have been eating Muesli thinking Iam doing the right thing .. But maybe I am not I am aware Muesli has more Carbs but it also keeps me from snacking and i am full until way past lunch...I am SO confused should i change to OATS ... Can anyone help me am I undoing any good work just by having the wrong cereal ??????

Replies

• jody2807
    Options
    Anyone:ohwell:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    either are fine. Eat what you like. (I eat both) Oats are more filling to me though.

If they fit into you're calorie/macro goals then it really doesn't matter.

And just in case you've been told otherwise, you don't HAVE to eat breakfast to lose weight.
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    which one you like the best..i prefer oats:smile:
  • lucieholden
    lucieholden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check the pack to see what other ingredients are in the muesli (other than oats). Some have quite a bit of added sugar, and some have coconut which can bump up the cals.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I think maybe Muesli provides more fiber. Just bought some today and plan to start eating it tomorrow morning.
  • jody2807
    Options
    Thank you Everyone :smile:
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    it's my understanding that muesli tends to have more sugar. Oats are generally less processed than your average muesli as well. However; there are a lot of all natural mueslis out there, just check the contents on the packet.
    Like everyone said, do what works for you
  • cfschlueter
    cfschlueter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for oatmeal with blueberries, cinnamon and honey and a recipe for homemade muesli with grains, raisins, brown sugar and nuts. Per serving they are almost identical in nutritional data. Muesli has a tiny bit more fat than the oatmeal due to the nuts. So eat the one you prefer, nutritionally they're equivalent. Also, someone mentioned that you don't have to eat breakfast to lose weight. He's right you don't you just have to expend more calories than you take in. However, it does make it much easier to lose weight if you eat breakfast because your blood sugar remains at a more constant level and you end up having less hunger and fewer cravings so your more likely to choose healthier meal options.