Bob Harper DVDS

Options
Hi, I've been looking at some new fitness DVDs to stop me getting bored.

I'm currently mixing up running and using P90x dvds for toning and Jillian Michaels for a bit more cardio/toning variation. I've just stumbled across Bob Harper Inside Out Method DVD and his Ultimate Cardio DVD. I just wondered if anybody here has used them and if they are any good?

Thanks

Replies

• jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump, I've wondered about his Inside Out Method too!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have bob harpers inside out method kettlebell sculpted body dvd and LOVE it I sweat buckets ( Also rotate it with 30day shred and insanity dvds as I like a change up)
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of Bob's DVD's~ Total Body Tranformation, Totally Ripped Core and Ultimate Cardio. I love all 3 and they are tougher DVD's than any Jillian DVD's (don't get me wrong I love Jillian too) they are longer than hers too, but have a 10 min quick workout if you don't have much time.

I would recommend any of these DVD's! Hope this helps :)
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I've gone ahead and ordered his cardio conditioning dvd and will see how that one is :smile:
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I figured it was better than starting a new thread on more or less the same thing. :smile:

I recently started doing Bob's DVDs and wow:noway: they are kicking my butt! I find myself doing only half the workout(long one), doing some other chores, then coming back to it! So I guess my question is two fold, is anybody else finding them rather challenging? and is it ok that I am splitting it into two workouts right now? Eventually I would like to do the full thing, but at the moment I'd just pass out! :laugh:
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Sorry to drag up an old topic, but I figured it was better than starting a new thread on more or less the same thing. :smile:

I recently started doing Bob's DVDs and wow:noway: they are kicking my butt! I find myself doing only half the workout(long one), doing some other chores, then coming back to it! So I guess my question is two fold, is anybody else finding them rather challenging? and is it ok that I am splitting it into two workouts right now? Eventually I would like to do the full thing, but at the moment I'd just pass out! :laugh:

OMG the one I've recently started doing nearly finished me off the first time I done it! I would say definitely harder than Jillian Michaels! I can get through the whole dvd but struggle at a couple of stages, my whole body feels tired after doing it. So do I find it challenging? - definitely! Is it okay to split the workouts? - yes, I'm sure it is, in the DVD I'm doing he actually says that if you can't complete the whole thing to begin with then that's fine and to do half the dvd and build it up.

They are good though aren't they, I've only got the 1 of his but will get more to change things up a bit :smile:
  • MoreThanAMother
    Options
    I have Bob's Beginner workout DVD and for me it is crazy tough! I'd like to know his definition of a beginner, LOL! I have a lot of Jillian's DVD's and can get through them (not easily) but this one is killer! When I first started it I could hardly walk for 3 days after but now can appreciate how much effort it takes and enjoy doing it! :D
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The first time I did Bob's cardio conditionining from the inside out method I thought I was going to die.
    The swinging the weights part was so tough for me and the next day I couldn't get out of bed my back hurt so much! They are very tough work outs.
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    I have the whole set(cardio, strength, yoga & Bob's Workout) but so far I've only done cardio and strength. Strength wasn't so bad(still makes me contemplate dying, but finishable). But cardio is torture. I'm starting to get the idea that perhaps his DVDs are not the best ones to start my journey into regular exercise with...:laugh: I'm doing the yoga one later today and the other half of the cardio. If you don't hear from me, Bob finished me off!:sick: :wink:
  • wildrose67
    Options
    I use his biggest loser dvds and his inside out method dvds I love them all
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I also have a great deal of Jillian & Biggest Loser dvds, Bob's beat them all! They always "kill" and are definitely a good buy if you want your butt kicked! The weight swinging ALWAYS gets me too!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can easily survive Jillian's workouts, but Bob's are so much harder and pose new challenges for my sanity, muscles, and soreness. I really like his approach and style, and am determined to conquer them just as I did Jillians! He's very motivating!
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I agree-- they are excellent and he is motivating and makes it fun. I have total body transformation, inside out strength, and ultimate cardio and inside out cardio-- all very good. I have a lot of Jillian's also, some that I still use regularly. I am doing ChaLean Extreme now for more strength, but add in Jillian or Bob workouts for extra cardio. The Bob Harper workouts are a great investment, they are inexpensive and challenging!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love them!
    Did inside out method pure burn super strength yesterday and today I did Total body transformation.

Body's aching but it feels good!