can't get rid of my post-baby belly.

Options
My son is now 9 months old and I am struggling to get rid of the flab that just sits on my belly. I have lost all my baby weight (only gained 17lbs), plus additional lbs. But I just can't seem to get rid of my flab. Anyone know a good exercise that targets post baby belly?!

Replies

• Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 4 kids, 3 of them in the past 5 years. My youngest is 16 months old, and my belly is starting to look way more decent :-) I wear a bikini now, even though there's still some flab. I just finished 12 weeks of Turbo Fire and I'm doing Chalean Extreme now. Seriously, my waist was one of the first places to lose inches!

What kinds of exercises are you doing now?
  • MeganSena0430
    MeganSena0430 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing mostly cardio, and I am going to be starting the 10 minute workout DVD. I have tried crunches and sit ups in thepast with little results. If I can get a sitter I'd like to try zumba, or just buy a zumba DVD. The work outs you mentioned, are they DVDs?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. Heavy weights. Go for the big compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press. Sounds like you lost weight, but too much muscle mass along with it. Time to reverse the process!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! My baby is a week shy of 7 months and mine is still fairly jiggly! I started Ripped In 30 and am hoping to get some good results from it! Of course, I still have quite a few pounds to lose, so I am sure that will help me!
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have no kids yet but want to lose my belly as well. Lifting weights really helps me lose inches without doing crunches.
    I use ChaLean Extreme at home. Its is a workout DVD program from beach body. You can find it cheaper on eBay or amazon if you look. I have the deluxe package and did pay full price and think its worth it.
    Hope this helps
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    You can work out all you want, but if your diet isn't in check, you're not going to get anywhere with your abs. It took me six years to figure that out! Cardio and weighted ab exercises along with clean eating, will have you toned in no time!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP who said diet has to be in check. 90% of the battle is the food you choose to eat. You can perform all the exercise in the world and it won't make a difference if you're eating badly. Eat at a deficit while exercising like: cardio or HIIT along with weight training and eventually the belly will budge. I'm 40 and have had two kids so I feel your pain. Been there and done that, lol.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Core exercises will definitely help, try exercises that target your abs/core from all angles.
  • ashleymarie530
    ashleymarie530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have always been told that abs are made in the kitchen ! When I had my daughter, who is now 3 1/2, I went straight back to my pre-preggo weight but still had that little flab. For me, cardio and the kitchen are my best friends !
  • MeganSena0430
    MeganSena0430 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you all for the great advice! I have changed my diet and have eliminated a lot out of it, I.e. soda, fast food, quick prepare meals that are high in sodium etc. I will definitely take the exercise tips and try my best. I'm excited to get started and see results! Thanks again everyone!
  • Kimminer77
    Kimminer77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also recently finished the 12 weeks Turbo Fire program and lost almost 4 inches of my baby belly. Its a Dvd program from the same company that makes p90x and Insanity.
  • Lizmcg83
    Lizmcg83 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've had two babies in two years, my youngest being three months. I've just started back at the gym mainly doing cardio but also some light weights. My core is really weak so a chiropractor recommended Pilates for me. Just stared classes last week. That combined with healthy eating and I'm already starting to fell not so large in my tummy area!!