Best fake tan?

Options
1969ned
1969ned Posts: 219
I've used Johnsons holiday skin, which do you think is the best? Not spray tans, I'm talking self tan in a bottle.

Replies

• 1969ned
    Options
    anyone? :smile:
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    I know one, it's called "Being comfortable in your own skin" :P
  • 1969ned
    Options
    most of the time I am - but I dont want to frighten small children and animals when Im on holiday :huh:
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    most of the time I am - but I dont want to frighten small children and animals when Im on holiday :huh:

why do people think that having untanned skin is not good??
  • Haylz_ish
    Haylz_ish Posts: 80
    Options
    St Tropez! This is the most natural looking tan - my preference is using a mousse too I think it is easier to get an even tan :)
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    I'm very fair skinned and use Banana Boat's Summer Color self-tanning lotion for a slight glow! It's easy on the wallet, as well.
  • babybird3
    babybird3 Posts: 67
    Options
    clarins self tanning instant gel is the best!!! people always ask if i went away somewhere hot when i use it
  • Julz2586
    Options
    I've used Johnsons holiday skin, which do you think is the best? Not spray tans, I'm talking self tan in a bottle.

I used this years ago ( i think it was the same one)... it might have just been my skin but it made me look an odd colour
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering this too.

I'm suuuuuper pale, and just burn if i go outside... so pretty much I'm condemned to walk around all veiny and translucent.
  • 1969ned
    Options
    I dont think that - Im just interested what people think about fake tan as there are so many out there, and when you are as white and flabby as me, once in a while a little colour is a change. Its personal opinion, why judge?
  • keenslk
    keenslk Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi - Im in Australia so dont know what you have available in your country and your budget ... for the best/flawless tan use St Tropez it is very realistic and my absolute fav... But I use the Garnier products as they are more affordable .. i also love an Auz brand called Sugar Baby...
    If you are not an experienced tanners the Johnson or Dove gradual tanners are great and no streaks... which is always key :)
  • 1969ned
    Options

as per my prev answer
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options

well, for ME (can't speak for the original poster) it's because you can see *ALL* of my veins in my legs. And I look fatter, just because I'm super pale. you know how wearing black makes you look slimmer? well, white makes you look larger. And uh, talk about white. That's me. So it's both unflattering, and fattening looking to walk around all pasty.
  • 1969ned
    Options
    Thanks you ladies for your answers - I will have a good scout round in the shops and compare :flowerforyou:
  • Julz2586
    Options
    photoshop, best tan. I did it to my wife.

4596919_8409-1.jpg
    to this
    4596919_8409.jpg

but this one is best

4596919_84092.jpg

Middle one is HOT! ;P
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have very pale skin so they all look rubbish on me. Some have green undertones, and suit people with slightly olive skins, some have red undertones and suit people with more of a rosy skin when they tan. It depends what tone your natural skin colour is and what colour you go when you tan.

If you're going on holiday and you really don't want to be white, go to a salon and get a professional all over tan. The best result I ever had was with a salon tan, which was sprayed on with an airbrush. I used SiennaX on my legs last year and that was ok.

Sorry this isn't very helpful!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sugarbaby. The foam/mousse one
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

Come here to the country where I am right now & I'm 10000% sure that you'll be considered beautiful here. Here the trend is "White is Beautiful" & the fairer you are, the more attractive you are.
  • Julz2586
    Options
    Middle one is HOT! ;P

I should have just downloaded the Op's picture and gave her a tan. ha

should have!
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    photoshop, best tan. I did it to my wife.

4596919_8409-1.jpg
    to this
    4596919_8409.jpg

but this one is best

4596919_84092.jpg

Middle one is HOT! ;P

lol