New, not a mom, not an ex-athlete

Options
Hi I'm Licia and I have been on here 1 week of which I have lost 3 pounds. I am NOT a mom losing baby weight (seems so many of you are, where are the other guys and gals?) I have never been a runner/athlete and just lost my way. I have been over-weight for most of the past 15 to 16 years so this has been a hard journey and I understand that forcing my body to a weight that it isn't very familiar with (i was around 135 to 140 for a short time in my college years) is going to be hard, harder for those who have had a longer time at a healthier weight in the past. It is frustrating to have such a hard time finding others who aren't trying to get 'back' to a healthy weight. I am currently trying to get to 150 pounds, we will see what happens from there! Looking for support and friends! Hope to get to know some of you lovely people better!

Replies

• Papabear0428
    Options
    I'm not mom, and i'm not an athlete by anyone's standard! However I am chock full of support and if you would like to add me I promise to lend it to you!
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not a mum/ex-athlete or anything like that either! Been here for one week and lost 2lbs, always been a bit chubby and now it's gotten out of hand I'm doing something about it! On here everyday and always supporting my friends so feel free to add me!
  • signerh
    signerh Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Neither a mum nor an ex-athlete but I've always been over-weight so I have some pounds to shed and need some support but I've also got a lot of support to offer :) feel free to add me
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same- feel free to add me if you want to!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Well I've never been an athlete. I am however a mom, but my youngest is 20! Been trying to lose this 'babyfat' for really, really long time LOL. Kids are all moved out, I just don't want to have to travel with a suitcase full of pills as I gracefully (read as 'kicking and fighting, biting and spiting') get older.
    So if you want support and someone to be honest, add me. I have my down moments when I don't want to work out but I have great friends who give me a kick up the backside when that happens. I can do that for you as well.

Good luck!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Not a Mom or an ex-athlete. Add me if you like.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oooh me to! Not a mum, not an ex-athlete! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.