Hello - I am new on here!

Options
Hello. My name is Audrey and I am 45 years old. Looking to lose 77lbs and am giving myself a year to do it. I would love to hear from anyone who is either starting or on their weightloss journey for support, inspiration and ideas.

Replies

• 22rin22
    22rin22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am kind of new here. My goal is 50 lbs. You can add if if you like.
  • cuffs_r
    cuffs_r Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello Audrey Im Robbin, Im a month into my weightloss journey and would love to help inspire you on your journey. I have loss 15lbs and still need to lose around 40+. I am 43 yrs old and am retired from the Air Force and have a blown disc in my neck that should be on the way to be replaced sometime in the near future, or when the VA gets to me. LOL Feel free to friend me if you would like, I am on here everyday atleast a couple of times. Welcome aboard!
  • malouinda
    malouinda Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Audrey. I'm new also. I just started today and feel pretty good about it so far. I like keeping track of everything. I think it might help me to stay on track. Good Luck. You can add me if you want. :smile:
  • AudreyandHana
    AudreyandHana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    15lbs in a month is excellent. I am looking forward to having a look at your food and exercise entries. If you have lost that much you must be doing something right!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've just started again! I lost 38lb which I've kept off but still have another 100lb or so to go. Just started exercise on here for the first time too. Hand weights ordered today...eeek!

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi there Audrey....I'm fairly new, 2 months in but a ton to lose....about 160 lbs. You can definitely add me if you'd like. I log in daily and I am very active encouraging my friends.
  • xiomya
    xiomya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there Audrey....I'm fairly new, 2 months in but a ton to lose....about 160 lbs. You can definitely add me if you'd like. I log in daily and I am very active encouraging my friends.

Hi Audrey, Jebbster is my friend on here as well and he's right, he is very encouraging and supportive.I am also on daily. Feel free to add me as well. My name is Xiomya. Good luck with your weight loss
  • jamime
    jamime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Audrey and I am 45 years old. Looking to lose 77lbs and am giving myself a year to do it. I would love to hear from anyone who is either starting or on their weightloss journey for support, inspiration and ideas.

Hi Audrey - Im Jaime. For me Ive been have success with biking (stationary - recumbent). Ive been doing around an hour to an hour and a half 6 days a week for the past 6 weeks and have lost 5" throughout my body. Woo Hoo!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi Audry.

I'm Felicity and I just turned 30. My first goal is to lose 65 lbs to get me to 200 and then to lose more :) so maybe 100 lbs total. So far this website and being committed (or should I say ADDICTED) has helped me a lot.

Add me :) and good luck.
  • sspscott
    sspscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Audrey, I'm kind of new... I signed up awhile ago. But just signing up did seem to shed the pounds I thought it would :sad: But now I have vowed to get my act together. Part of that plan was to find other people to keep me motivated, and inspire me to keep on track. I figure the more eyes I have on me the better. Plus being able to share what works.

So far, I have just been very diligent in filling out my food diary. Then I see everything... what I'm eating and how workouts allow me to eat more. Plus I love the "If everyday was like to you would weigh (xxx) in 5 weeks!" That for some reason fires me up.
  • stemab3
    stemab3 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi there, 43 year old mother of 3 wanting and needing to lose 80 lbs......feel free to add me! Hopefully we can motivate each other to meet this goal within a year!
  • mmac44
    mmac44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I am MAry looking to loose 20 lbs This site along with the fitbit tracker are helping me alot i luv both really encouraging
  • jafhughes
    jafhughes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI Audrey,

I'm new too just joined 2 days ago. I have 16lb more to lose for my sister's wedding in Sept as a start. I have lost 9lbs so far with exercise and diet since the start of June but need to speed it up a little if I'm going to make my target on time.

I'm 44 and like you would like to feel good about myself and not have to buy increasingly bigger sizes or worse try and squeeze into the ones I'm wearing at the moment!!

:happy: Here's looking forward to a new slimmer, toner me!!
  • Brandiwine118
    Brandiwine118 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Brandi. I started myfitnesspal January 5 of this year. As of monday i have lost a total of 72lbs! My goal is 83lbs but i will be happy to lose more! Good Luck and welcome to myfitnesspal!!!
  • jafhughes
    jafhughes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that's impressive! You must have great will power.
  • lcrowder0820
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have used this site before and had good success until I got pregnant. I am due now in about 5 weeks. I have continued to lose weight. (Under dr's approval) during the pregnancy. But the last week i have gained back about 3-4 pounds. So i am getting back into the site so until this baby gets here, I will be doing it moderately - making sure i'm getting enough calories for baby and I. But as soon as this little darling comes out, i'm coming back full throttle. hoping to gain some friends and encouragement until she gets here so i can get into it full swing. Always up to new friends and i have over 100 pounds to lose so lets do it!!! :)
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome Audry! I have no doubt you'll reach your goal. Your quote on your profile says it all, this isn't a "diet" it's a "lifestyle!" Eating healthy on a regular basis won't feel like a prison sentence, and over time you'll naturally see the after effects of eating all that good food =D

Keep up the momentum and make sure you reach out to as many people as you can for support. Surrounding yourself with like minded people is what will bring about results.

Tell your friends and family your goals too!
  • DenMar16
    DenMar16 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi everyone