Sad, tired of crying and here because I've hit rock bottom.

Options

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Glad you came here, you have found the right place. Fill out your profile accurately, be honest about what you log, and you'll be amazed at how much you will learn in a very short time.

I know how you feel, I have a bad back, a bunch of pins and screws in my pelvis, and a bit of arthritis. When I signed up here I could manage to get out and walk a half mile or so but that was about it. Now I am freaking JOGGING!

The best advice I can give anyone with this is to not view it as being on a diet (a negative) but making a change to a happier, healthier lifestyle (a positive). Attitude is EVERYTHING!
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    This isn't your last resort, this is the first step. A huge, hard step!

We're all here to support each other. Just take it one day at a time and love yourself first.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for the encouragement! This experience and all these wonderful people my just change my life!
    I can't believe the out pouring of support already! I am going to invest in a nice lunch bag and make that my first real change...packing a lunch. : ) It's so simple! Baby steps. : )

:flowerforyou:
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    You got this girl. Add me if you like :)
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Rock bottom is good...only up from here!!! Changes are coming!!

This!! It's time!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    First of all...You are freaking gorgeous so don't say you don't love yourself. You have to love yourself no matter what.

second of all, you are here and wanting to change.

Third of all, you can and will do this. So take a deep breath because you are not alone on this journey.
  • lorikmarsh
    lorikmarsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • monkeynumber100
    monkeynumber100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request now. This truly isn't you last stop but your first step toward getting back your life. If you are like me, that busy schedule is partly because I am a pleaser. I have had to learn to say no and to put myself first. I was no good to my family, friends and co-workers when I was accommodating but exhausted and miserable.

You will find lots of great support here. Submerge yourself in the MFP community. Most people on here want to see you (and everyone else) succeed. I look forward to being a support person for you!

Take care!
  • greggsyv
    greggsyv Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you can do this, as you start you will see just little changes and you WILL want more of those changes and you will then look how you can get more. Since starting this i have given up the gym and now i look for ways to burn calories that will not hurt my sore back, my damaged knee or my ankle. There is so much you can do day to day that will make the changes that you desire and i find i am eating more than before but still losing weight. We all on here are on the same hill climb as you and the ones nearer the top are there to help pull you up.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,015 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for the encouragement! This experience and all these wonderful people my just change my life!
    I can't believe the out pouring of support already! I am going to invest in a nice lunch bag and make that my first real change...packing a lunch. : ) It's so simple! Baby steps. : )

Hon, my weight was 213 a year ago! If I CAN do this soo can you! The 8th will be a year, yay! YOU can do this! You are beautiful for sure! Its baby steps! One pound at a time! I just added you!
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oh, there is a lot of great advice on here.

Let me add this one too-on season 10 of The Biggest Loser, one of the contestants had serious back problems and used that as an excuse to not be active. She was able to work through that injury and become stronger than she ever was. I found that very inspiring.

I think it is great you are here. DON'T QUIT!
  • Sapd975
    Sapd975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can do it....don't give up...this is my second week and I love calculating it on my phone....
  • skininbonz
    skininbonz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    well, you hit rock bottom now you can rock to the top! We can figure out something and work together. I also hit rock bottom and I need to get motivated to work out or walk or something. Just so I am moving some I am all good. Lets rock to the top. I have already lost 68 lbs but then I stopped logging food and didnt care, now I am almost back where I started. I know it can be done. I just have to be motivated enough to git'er done! I am glad to have found a new site and different people.
  • beautifulstronghealthy
    Options
    We've all been at the bottom and that's why we're here. I am also tall and carry my weight well, which helped me avoid it all these years. I also just accepted myself for who I am, but inside I wanted more. Now that I am well on my way, I'm so glad I started. We can do this together!
  • moonowl23
    moonowl23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

if you wish to add another friend, go ahead and add me...
  • mumofflea
    mumofflea Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can understand I'm around the same weight, but really short. I don't do a lot of exercise, but do go on the wii fit every now and then, I've reduces my calorie intake and so far I've lost 6 lbs. If I can do it then anyone can.

Good luck you can do this.

Feel free to add :happy:
  • bckjr
    bckjr Posts: 1
    Options
    I have had two back surgeries and know how hard this is. Hang in there! My neurologist told me that walking was the best recovery/weight loss exercise for me. Be patient with yourself. Remember, the most beautiful flowers don't bloom overnight-they take a while. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I did't realize that what I ate was what was making me feel so bad. Once I started eating better, I had more energy. Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cathomer
    cathomer Posts: 88
    Options
    Same here really, I'm at 232lbs, I can't believe I've let myself get this big, and I can quite easily see how I could get even bigger. I'm giving MFP a real go this time round, using the community a lot more. It's great seeing everyone's success stories, it really spurs me on.

Good luck, you can do it, we can all do it!
  • ShaunaLouiseGetsFit
    Options
    I am looking for some weight loss buddies.

Anyone can add me. I am friendly. I love to support others on their journey. I love looking at other people's journey.

MFP is brilliant. I have lost 12 pounds (may not sound much but it's 12 pound less than i used to be). I find I am more active, happier and I will happily experiment with new foods.

xo