calories

is 620 calories too much for 1 meal. I am a really heavy person and struggle with hunger if I eat too little?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    620 is fine to be honest. Depending on how much you eat throughout the day, you should try and balance it out and eat multiple times throughout the day to help get over that hunger.

My meals range from 350 calories to 700+ at times in the same day. It will be different for everyone else because everyone is eating different amounts, but I'm currently eating 2380 calories, so to me, 620 is a decent sized meal.
  • Catherinekaycorner
    Catherinekaycorner Posts: 23 Member
    No 620 calories is fine! You just have to watch your overall calories for the day so If your calories go over for a day then you need to start restricting someware but If not eat your heart out! :) xoxo
  • This is kind of my main meal I might had say beans on toast later on for tea and breakfast was around 200 and i tend to have something maybe toast at around 8pm I am under calories alot of the time because Im not good with 'healthy foods' :/
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    I sometimes have a 1000 calorie dinner if i've exercised ha :)
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    As long as those calories are efficient calories you're fine.

600 calories of lean meat, veggies, fruit vs 600 calories of a Big Mac may be the better decision.
  • I think it depends on how you setup your calories, are you going by the 1200 rule and also eating your exercise calories? Or going by the 1200 basis and not eating back your exercise calories? If you are only eating 1200 calories and not eating back your exercise calories than one meal taking up half of your calories maybe a little bit high because your not leaving enough calories for the rest of the day.
    I think also it depends on what you are eating, if you are eating high protein food that will keep you fuller longer than I think that is okay, but if you are eating "junk" food that makes you hungry in an hour than the 620 calories may not be worth it.
    I sometimes have a huge meal but for the most part it is relatively healthy food, although I do splurge sometimes. The hardest part of being on a healthly eating and exercising regimine is eating healthy. I also am someone who would take eating yummy junk food to eating healthy, however, I don't like the way it makes me feel afterward!
  • I had some potato waffles and some hamwiches( ham and cheese in breadcrumbs). i have put in all of my food for the day (also what I havent eaten yet ) and Im still under calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    620 is a big meal, but ok if the others are smaller and you're not a snackaholic

I see you have PCOS. Generally people with that seem to do better with less carbohydrates.
  • I really struggle with dieting. I live in a house with 4 other people, my brothers will NOT eat healthy food so mum doesn't buy it. I HATE salad stuff it actually makes me sick. I am visiting the doctor to be referred to the dietician to see if that will help.
  • yarwell
    I really struggle with dieting. I live in a house with 4 other people, my brothers will NOT eat healthy food so mum doesn't buy it. I HATE salad stuff it actually makes me sick. I am visiting the doctor to be referred to the dietician to see if that will help.
    Seems you have some issues to get sorted there. Good luck. Don't become a victim of their choices, a printed diet sheet for your condition might carry a bit of weight at home.
  • bikebanditandy
    bikebanditandy Posts: 15 Member
    My PT suggested I drink water 30 mins before a meal to help reduce hunger and food intake... Might help... :) It work for me.
  • Thank You. I will certainly try that. I lost 3stones last year but put them back on this year. I went from takeaways and kebabs 5 days a week to not at all. but i was using shakes.
  • yarwell
    Thank You. I will certainly try that. I lost 3stones last year but put them back on this year. I went from takeaways and kebabs 5 days a week to not at all. but i was using shakes.
    Shake / meal replacement diets are OK providing you have a plan for what to do next, which seems like where you fell down last time. You could do 2 shakes and a meal perhaps, then 1 + 2 meals, then 3 meals.

You don't like salads but can you eat vegetables like green beans, broccoli, cauliflower ?
  • i do like broccoli and green beans hate cauliflower though. Im going to speak to my doctor about using the shakes again because they did work last time but its hard getting back into using them again after having such large meals for last about 4 months. I feel hungry pretty much straight away.