New and looking for friends

Options
Hi all,

I am new to MFP, I have been on it for over a week and already find it a fantastic tool for weightloss (who knew how many caloroies there is in a chilli for instance) Its making me feel really positive about weightloss, and I love the community feel.

I started on MFP at 171 pounds (already 167) and I am fairly tall 5 foot ten. But I have realised now it is time to be serious to lose a bit of weight.

I am exercising everyday, but mixing it up, so I could do spinning, a game on the Xbox kinnect, Zumba or a walk in my local forest. I am also really cutting down on what I eat, I think its important to add that whilst I am cutting down, I still am, and still will eat what I enjoy. So for instance today I had a Mcdonalds breakfast and didnt order the hash brown as I am not a big fan but I would eat it anyway. Its my birthday next week so I will go for a curry but only order half. (I think my biggest problem is that I am greedy)

My goal is to lose 30 pounds and I am confident that I will do it, however I want to fully utilise the community aspect so if anybody is similar to me or likes the sound of what I say, please feel free to add me as a friend :)

Flamingofeet x

Replies

• jamime
    jamime Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know its amazing how much calories are in food! Its had me think "Is that many calories worth it"? lol. Oh the kinect is a GREAT tool for workout...even after you see the pictures taken of you when you doing it. I understand those moments where you just crave something. Last week my husband wanted Costa Vida. I looked up how much calories were in the burrito..and WHOA that was a shock to the heart....but the temptation was very over powering, So I figured if I worked out and burned as many calories as the burrito - and was still under my calorie intake for the day - It was okay. Given if its once in awhile and not everyday. Oh and Happy Birthday next week!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! Just added you :-) WE CAN DO THIS! X
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.
  • Anappy
    Anappy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I just started today on my fitness pal today. I signed up a while ago but for some reason didn't really use it yet. I am hoping to have this help with keeping me accountable for my food choices and exercise. I am also looking for some support and encouragement and possibly being able to help someone else too :)