Flat belly diet for IBS

I just got through reading the book in an attempt to figure out why all of my weight seems to have moved directly to the center of my body (mainly after turning 40) Although I've had terrible stomach issues for most alll of my life. It's not a crash diet like what you may be thinking. It's all about eating 1500- 16000 cals a day for women, and 2100-2500 for men. You do have to give up a few things like any other diet, saturated fat, refined sugar, white flour, lactose, (If you suspect you have an intolerance, which can quickly & easily be tested), sugar subsitutes, ... but you are replacing them with fruit, whole grains, healthy fats at every meal. And that's pretty much the only rules. (Along with 4 - 400cal meals a day and one smoothie.)

:smile: Anyway, it's a debloat and provides tools for the future to those who suffer from some form of indigestion. I'm on day 4 and I look andf fell great. My face has gone down, my tummy is less swollen and I actually look thinner and spend a lot less time lying on the bathroom floor crying in pain.

Just thought I'd mention it. If you have cast iron stomachs, stick with what works best for you but if you sound anything like me.... it's a $7.99 book and can be purchased almost anywhere. I personally would eat dirt if I knew it would make my tummy troubles go away. The weight loss was/is just a bonus.
Good luck to you all in your spiritual & healthy journey!!! :tongue:

... and if your still having issues you may want to have your food allergies tested and possibly your gluten.

Keep me posted. I can't wait to hear from you guys on this. :heart: JoDi

Replies

• FloridaAimee
    FloridaAimee Posts: 295 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I have tummy troubles and am always looking for help!
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    My fave part by far is the peanut butter. I usually stay away from peanut butter because of the sugar, calories, fat .... but now I can have a tbsp on a slice of WG toast w/ sliced strawberries, bananas or even chocolate chips. Wooo hoooo!!!
    No more tummy distress for me. Vacation liked to have killed my stomach, even when trying to make the healthy choices while traveling, I got to my inlaws and EVERYTHING was made out of milk, buter, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, philadelphia cream cheese and cheddar cheese. I couldn't walk by the time I left there and looked so swollen, like I had just eaten a whole pumpkin.

I like this book. I mean, it is a diet if you're just looking to lose weight but to me more importantly it's a debloat.(and btw, it's not JUST for us tummy achers.) It's what we all should be doing for our everyday health.

Anyway .......

Can't wait to share info w you guys who decide to do it.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Never made the connection in my head between my IBS and my bloatiness... Hmmm...
  • jodigirl03
    jodigirl03 Posts: 111
    Never made the connection in my head between my IBS and my bloatiness... Hmmm...

Well salt in the #1 culprit in bloating BUT if you're saying you ALSO suffer from IBS, you'd more than likely benefit from this diet. Don't misunderstand me, it wasn't written for tummy achers BUT the more I read about the diet, the more I started thinking ...'hmmmm, I do eat VERY low fat and have for years, but I also eat low sugar, white flour ..etc..' What I wasn't getting was enough HEALTHY fats and w/o them your digestive system slows down. (I mean unless your lucky and your body has no problems in cleansing itself.) I think I have eaten low fat for so long that it's just shut down. Lol.
    Just something to consider. 100 ppl can have the same symptoms with 35 different causes & cures. This is what has worked for me. Also, I like that I'm getting a healthy fat at every meal because it keeps the hunger away, much as some low carb dieters may say about animal fat etc. (AKA satuarated and/or trans fats, the kind that harden around your heart.). Low carb, for me personally, almost killed my stomach. But if it works for you, I'm not here to knock anyones diet.
    IDK, I hope my experience willl help others but I'll never stop trying to feel good. I've tried juicing, organics.... you name it. And this has given the fastest weight loss results and also cured my pain. So, as for me ... I'm a huge fan and just thankful I didn't lose my gallbladder and max out anymore deductibles chasing 100 more GI test that were all coming back as "normal" for such an easy fix.