Cauliflower Cheese!

Catherinekaycorner
Catherinekaycorner Posts: 23 Member
So I had a big hangover and had a massive roast dinner on sunday, and yesterday I really fancied one again, it's really filling, but I crave cauliflower cheese but its actually really low in calories!!

I buy the cheese sauce DRIED packets from Morrisons and add a little hot water, I don't add ANY cheese and it tastes exactly the same and its about 70 cals for a big pile and it gets me over my cheese cravings :) yeyyy

Replies

• natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    I discovered this yesterday too!!! I wanted something hot for lunch, but didn't want pasta or something like that, and found it in Co-op AND it was low cal so I was like score.... just wish I had an oven, so the top could have gone crispy.... mmmmm.
  • ohhh thats a great idea. I'll have to try that- love cauliflower cheese
  • Catherinekaycorner
    Its soo good, I don't have a oven I have a table top halogen and everything cooks perfectly in there :) its sooooo yummy! <3 xo
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    What is cauliflower cheese? Is that cauliflower in cheese sauce or something else?
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Yep basically. But when you put it under a grill the cheese sauce goes all crispy, but then it's gooey inside too. It's a standard side dish to a roast in England.
  • That sounds yummy! :happy:
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Sounds delicious! Not sure we have cheese packets here. But, I must say the part of this conversation I got caught up on is that you don't have an oven? I cannot even imagine life without an oven. You have completely blown my mind.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Sounds delicious! Not sure we have cheese packets here. But, I must say the part of this conversation I got caught up on is that you don't have an oven? I cannot even imagine life without an oven. You have completely blown my mind.

Lol! When I live in Turkiye we don't have an oven, microwave or electric kettle.
    Basically we have a fridge/freezer, 4 ring gas stove and that's that.
    Oh, and no hot water either unless it's sunny.
    No washing machine either. :bigsmile:
  • Catherinekaycorner

Hahahah yes we have a halogen table top oven, its pretty much a fan oven :D and does allllll things a normal oven can! :D:) xoxo