Raspberry Ketones

Options
I have seen many stories on Raspberry Ketones. I believe Dr. Oz even supports the use of them.

Has anyone tried them and do they work?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz even supports the use of them.

Believe it or not, this is a pretty good indicator that they do not work.

They have been shown to reduce weightgain in rats who were overfed. This is far, far different from inducing weight loss in humans.

Save your money, and watch Dr. Oz for entertainment only.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

I watch him for this reason only (on days when I'm actually home, which is very rare). It seems like every show, he's got some new crazy pill you can take for 'miracle weight loss' - but only if you eat 2 - 4 sweet potatoes a day. :P
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Eat better, move more & save your money.

Dr Oz should be listed as a comedy program.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

They have been shown to reduce weightgain in rats who were overfed. This is far, far different from inducing weight loss in humans.

Let make a drinking game while watching Dr Oz!!!!!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

What does everyone think about food he recommends for Cancer Fighting or whatever non weightloss reason he is harping about that day?

If we ate everything he recommends for anti-aging, cancer fighting, weightloss etc. We'd put on weight because there's so damned much.
  • gkbanister
    gkbanister Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Save your money, I tried them, they don't work and after about 3 days of taking them the tast made me gag!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I got a week's worth of raspberry ketone's for free >.> I didn't pay anything at all.
  • portalm
    portalm Posts: 201 Member
    Options

You Sir are my hero... Again people there is no miracle take this and lose that... It is simple math. Eat less than required to maintain, or dont, no one really cares.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Let make a drinking game while watching Dr Oz!!!!!
    Yes, let's do that...we could do a shot every time he endorses some riduclous new fad diet and collects a big fat check :laugh:

To the OP...save your money..there's no quick fix for weight loss. Its all about hard work and eating healthy!
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    For some reason after reading this post, all I can hear now in my head is Prince singing "Raspberry Beret"....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA5i0Cr42vrbY02vHlKXoAydDqQiTw3g_D6dHRrTAbGgMYBNDO
  • dunnweb
    dunnweb Posts: 49
    Options
    Look up how Ketones work in your body. They are the focus of the Keto diet (which over 1000 of us are on using this site). Taking Ketone pills while on a regular diet isn't going to do you any good at all. The best Ketones are achieved naturally.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    For some reason after reading this post, all I can hear now in my head is Prince singing "Raspberry Beret"....

HA ive been song F:smokin: CKED!

i like raspberries.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I seriously cannot tolerate Dr. Oz for this reason. Of course, he is also nothing but a talking head.

Wanna lose weight? Reduce your portions, sauce on the side, water water water and TURN OFF THE TV WHEN DR. OZ COMES ON AND GET OFF THE COUCH AND EXERCISE! : )
  • shaylan_
    shaylan_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Aaaaand now that's stuck in my head. Well played, sir.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with everyone, no quick magic pill to this weightloss thing. Just showing up everyday and doing the right things. I wonder what the results are when people stop taking the ketones? Do it naturally with the right foods and exercise.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This isn't about weight loss persay...but if you want a lifestyle/food plan thats more along the lines of "Alternative" medicine to fight disease and cancer and such, look at Dr. Andrew Weil or the Gerson therapy, not anything Dr. Oz has to say. And I say even with both of those take them with a grain of salt, Dr. Weil is pretty well known for his mistake of telling individuals about the use of bloodroot for skin cancer/tumor neucrosis...which if not used properly will burn permanent holes in your skin...google if you want, not for the weak stomach though. Not saying I fully endorse their programs or that there is any real scientific backing behind them, or that you have to believe them, but I spent an entire class this past semester exploring alternative medicine options for patients and found some of the methods pretty intriguing.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS x a million. No shortcut will get you there faster or better. Good ol fashioned time taking hard @ss work.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I got a week's worth of raspberry ketone's for free >.> I didn't pay anything at all.

You were still ripped off.
  • lckunz
    lckunz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm taking them right now. They seem to lessen my appetite some. I'll weigh in Thursday a TOPS and see what progress I've made. Of course I'm also exercising and being careful with food choices, so hard to know what's doing what, but I really feel they have helped me curb cravings and appetite to some degree.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options

THIS

Dr. Oz has degraded from a useful and much needed program to a stupid infomercial and farce. Yesterday showed "you can cheat once a week" with people stuffing their faces and also force feeding theirs dogs and the audience cheering. A sad reflection on the attitude to weight loss.