need to lose weight to ease the stress on my heart

Options
mrsbee48
mrsbee48 Posts: 40 Member
Why I want to lose
I have tried so many diets and never stuck with any of them. I've been at this weight for the last 3 years for sure as per pass records but it could be longer. Of course I have lost in between but always bounce back and NEVER reah my goal weight. This is about to change. I've suffered 3 strokes and am just now starting to pick up physically after over a year.

My plan.
Weigh in on Mondays only
Drink my pitcher of water a day
decrease my portions

My short term goal;
By August 19th, I should weigh 5 pounds less

My 2012 goal;;
Be under 200 pounds by December 31 even if it is 199 ponds - lol

My 2013 goal ;
Reach my ideal goal.

I willl have a pal to help me along the way so I stay motivated!

Replies

• dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan:happy:
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Take small steps, make small adjustments and don't give up. Your health and your life are worth the effort and it will work.

Good luck!
  • ABQsheila
    ABQsheila Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for not giving up on yourself. I can relate very much to your situation.

I had a TIA about a year ago and am so very grateful for the medical care I received. I've been trying to loose my excess weight for several years and it's VERY slowly coming off. Since 2008 I've lost about 30-35 pounds. In the past year it's down by about 8-10 pounds but I need to loose much more than that. I started MFP about 3 months ago and it's great.

Would you like another friend to share your jouney?
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome and you've made the hardest step (knowing its time for a change). We are all here to help and motivate you :) - We dont discriminate - we encourage!
    Feel free to add me as I am also here to reach my ideal weight goal.
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    Would love another friend to continue my jorney
  • dugie316
    dugie316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mrsbee48 , I can so relate to your struggles as I have had a quad by pass nine years ago and a heart attack last year. I also have very high cholesterol and can not take statins and have a horrible sweet tooth:) I like your goals and think I will figure those out for myself as well. You can do it. We have to do it. We owe it to our hearts to give them a fighting chance. I guess if we don't want them to let us down then we have to eat right and not let them down. Good luck
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good luck! When you say increase your portions, do you mean increase your meals, but eat smaller portions?
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    Dugie;
    You are right. I had two strokes within 48 hours and another a month and a half later. I had to be placed until I was more flexible in moveent. My speech came back good but my dexterity is still not what it was. I also lost a lot of my memory capacity - knowing my grand=kids birth date but not whose, not remembering where I put my stuff and things like that.

I walk with a walker and lately, have used my cane so this is also major improvemnt for me.

Glad you are also doing something we have control over so to avoid being back where we were and give yourself a fightiing chance to a longer life!!!
    :smooched:
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    I'm decreasing my portions, Nutritionist 1st - lol
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    lost 13 pounds since February 5, 2013
    next mini goal lose 5 pounds
    will be under 220 Youpie!!!:laugh:
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    Y:laugh: es LOL
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    Well! I am at 220 this moorning! YEEESSSSS! Next mini-goal? 215 pounds. Little by little I'm parting with a heavy load I've been carrying for years. I can do it and I will do it
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    My next goal is to be 215in 4 weeks.
    I must say that I feel better and can walk better too. This is a BIGGY for me. My knees hurt but doctor said to keep going, to eliviate my weight to a healthy one. Decreased my blood pressure pills too this week so that's all good!:smile:
    I could do bettter with my water intake. Must be on my list to improve....
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    I'm not losing as fast but I'm told doing strenght exercise produces muscles and weigh more ...??? Never the less, I have lost over 20 pounds now and happy it's off and not being added!
    This month, I'll strive to lose 5 pounds....
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    20lb is fantastic! Well done :)
  • mrsbee48
    Options
    thank you bookworm221. by the way, do you play the game too?