sore and swollen muscles :( .. help!

Options
My legs, arms, and abs are sore from running (5KM on sat), rowing (4hours last week) and push ups (which Im new to). My arms are beginning to look like popeye, :-/ I know this is only to do with muscle repair (or protection due to being pushed)

I stood on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 lbs since sat ... I know the weight gain is to do with the exercise, however Im just wondering do I keep going and blasting away at the rowing running and push ups ... or do I give the muscles a chance to re-cooperate? will drinking lots of water help out?

Replies

• donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ??????? no replys :(
  • jonesey10
    jonesey10 Posts: 9
    Options
    Always rest your muscles, eat proteins after exercise as well.
    drinking water is also essential. keep it up.
    with regards to the 4lb weight gain, I'd try and stick to weighing yourself at the same time every week. weight does fluctuate.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My legs, arms, and abs are sore from running (5KM on sat), rowing (4hours last week) and push ups (which Im new to). My arms are beginning to look like popeye, :-/ I know this is only to do with muscle repair (or protection due to being pushed)

I stood on the scale this morning and I'm up 4 lbs since sat ... I know the weight gain is to do with the exercise, however Im just wondering do I keep going and blasting away at the rowing running and push ups ... or do I give the muscles a chance to re-cooperate? will drinking lots of water help out?

Give the soreness a chance to go down to a manageable level to where you can go about your day without taking any ibuprofen and your movement is no longer affected by it. Then get right back to it. And don't worry =)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Do not exercise ANY sore body part unless directed to do so by a doctor.

You may think you need to in order to progress, but you don't. It will just weaken you and eventually lead to major injuries.