New here..does everyone weigh in weekly?

Options
Hi. I'm just curious how often people weigh in. Thanks!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I joined on Thursday... I plan to weigh in every Thursday. I will take my weight every Thursday at the same time (in the morning, right after my shower), in the same outfit (birthday suit) so that I can get the most accurate information I can. I will also be keeping track of my neck, waist, and hip measurements.

Eventually, when I find a reliable device, will also keep track of my body fat percentage.

All this would take less than a minute to measure and post on here.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday..then I realized I was getting a bit compulsive. Now I weigh at the most once a week and sometimes I don't even do that because I don't care about the weight, I only care how my body looks!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Mostly every day, though I've missed a few recently. (New baby daughter, mornings are a bit of a sleepy haze :laugh: ).
  • caraguard
    caraguard Posts: 41
    Options
    I weigh 1x a week. Weighing myself everyday might make me a bit crazy/anxious, but that's just me.
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Honestly I weigh myself pretty much everyday! It keeps me motivated and focused. I am well aware your weight can flucuate from day to day but I still weigh myself every morning.
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Wednesday mornings and take my measurements. I found that when I checked every day it got me very discouraged. I felt like giving up when I checked every day.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday for fun, but only log the weight I see first thing Friday mornings.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only count it once a week. That way, the theory goes, if I creep up midweek I can self-correct in time.
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning. Obsessed, I know. and I know my weight fluctuates a lot - but if I see a gain - then it helps me to be even MORE cautious that day - or to know I need to get some extra water in. and if I've lost a half pound since the day before (even though I know it was probably water or something ...) it still helps me to feel/stay motivated.

That said - i only RECORD my weight once a week. I weigh each week on the same day ... early morning after peeing and before my shower (birthday suit). That "once a week" weigh-in is the one I record. I like doing it Mondays - because the weekends is when I tend to want to "splurge" ... and knowing I weigh-in on Monday helps me to behave. :)

*edited because im talking about losing when my counter shows zero.. made me chuckle. The truth is I lost about 15 pounds back in October/november... then health reasons made have to stop work outs for a while. i was ill, and depressed and quit on myself for a while... and I gained back what I lost BUT im back at it. :) Will discover Monday if I've had a successful first week !
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm only checking in monthly as I have alot of weight to use and honestly, I think people get too wound up in the numbers! The only reason I'm weighing in weekly for 6 weeks is because I joined the SSS Challenge yesterday (July 17). Check it out under the "motivation" forum if you're curious :)

Happy losing!
  • Ken_Roper
    Ken_Roper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh twice a week.... I know, however, how I'm doing from the "fit" of my clothes.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh weekly, but keep an eye through the week sometimes.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm only checking in monthly as I have alot of weight to use and honestly, I think people get too wound up in the numbers! The only reason I'm weighing in weekly for 6 weeks is because I joined the SSS Challenge yesterday (July 17). Check it out under the "motivation" forum if you're curious :)

Happy losing!

Correction - July 16th! See, I can't even get my dates straight little lone weight!
  • sneuls
    sneuls Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh in each morning. When I stopped doing this, that's when I slacked and gained weight back, once you lose the weight, you sometimes think, oh, this burger won't hurt,.....these starbursts are ok......yeah, i can have a milkshake....next thing you're missing cardio to hang out with friends.......etc, then all the sudden weight's back on again and have to start all over. I think to maintain your weight, it is a good idea to weigh in everyday, I dont' think its crazy or compulsive..... its realistic.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Sometimes twice if I think I've lost something but I only log once a week.
  • shmoopsee
    shmoopsee Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

I weigh once a week, on Fridays. I figure I'm working hard and staying strong on weekdays so Friday morning is the best time to see the fruits of my labor. :smile: Especially since I usually reward myself a little on weekends. I will occasionally sneak a peek if I feel I need motivation or if I'm feeling especially thinner one day. :laugh:
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    I weigh and do my measurments once a week. Every Saturday morning when I first wake up. I workout M-F 45-120 min sometimes more if I have the time. It's been 5 wks and I've lost 11.4 lbs and over 12 inches! I don't dwell so much on the weight if I get on and its only a pound, because my inches are coming off! If you are patient and make changes for yourself it will happen, not over not or in a week, but with time. I'm still far away from my goal, but after 5 straight weeks of doing it, I know I won't stop:)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Every day, usually 2x-3x, using the lowest #.

Weightwt712a.jpg

It is much easier to troubleshoot problems, the trendline marginalizes the importance of the individual weigh in (except for establishing the trendline), and you can calculate your maintenence amount / tweak your calorie intake easily from the slope.
  • JenS0301
    JenS0301 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in Mondays. I just stopped myself from weighing a few times a week because I was over obsessing with it.
  • blooming_rose
    blooming_rose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, at work on the same scale. But I only log that weight about once a month. I have realized that I fluctuate 5 lbs throughout the month. I am having so much troubel with this weight loss thing. I log my foods, but having trouble with exercise motivation. I pay for a gym membership that I have used 3 times :( Any pointers.