What multivitamin do you take?

Options
I need to get a multi vitamin, especially with going vegetarian. I am just curious what every one else takes? See whats the best out there :) I would like to take just 1 pill.

Replies

• Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I take a generic women's multivitamin. However, I also take a few other supplements as the multi just doesn't have 100% of everything I want.
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Orange Triad is a multi which also has joint and digestive support. Only down side is the serving size is 6 pills daily
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I still take my prenatal since I have so much. Sorry I am no help
  • qwertypie
    qwertypie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you're going vegetarian for ethical reasons, you'll want a brand that does not use any animal-derived products or nutrients. Gelatin capsules are common (look for cellulose, which is made of plant matter). I use Nature's Way Alive multivitamin for women.

Also, if you're cutting meat and fish out of your diet, you might want to consider taking a B12 supplement, because the only substantial source otherwise on a veg diet would be eggs, and you'd need to eat something like 5 a day to meet your daily requirement. I like the Now brand chewable B12 tablets -- they're yummy!
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I recently became vegetarian. I do need to take more than 1 vitamin a day, but even if I weren't vegetarian I would need all 3.

1. Central Market Organics 1 a day multivitamin
    2. Vitamin D and Calcium supplement
    3. Vitamin B supplement
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of this! I will go to the store this weekend and pick up what some B-12 vitamins and a daily multivitamin. I don't really worry about the calcium and vitamin d because I still eat& drink dairy and plenty of it. :)
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    Options
    I take the Kirkland (Costco brand) multivitamin.