OMG

Options
I still workout everyday and by the end of the day i gained 5 pounds can someone tell me what im doing wrong

Replies

• jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What does your diet look like? Either you are eating too many unhealthy things or you are not eating enough calories. Either way I would say you are going to find that your diet is very critical.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    the average person can fluctuate 5lbs or more easily in the same day up or down just from drinking, eating, going to the "bathroom"etc.

Try weighing yourself before and after a potty break and see for yourself.

sodium can make you "gain"weight but its only retention so nothing to worry about. also when you workout your muscles hold onto water to repair themselves.

Honestly the best thing you can do is weigh yourself 1x a week at the same time everyweek, to see an actual loss or gain.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Water and the food you ate
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Did you eat any food? Drink any liquids? Of course you gain weight over the course of a day.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you are new to working out, water retention is needed to cushion the joints and muscles until your body is used to all the jostling and everything....at least that's what I have been told bu others in the past. Your body will release the extra water when it is not needed anymore...good luck!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    You probably retaining water. Did you have a lot of salt today? Just relax and drink some water and only weigh yourself in the morning after you have gone to the bathroom.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You're weighing yourself every day. Might be what you're doing wrong.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    It's most likely water weight. I was 177 yesterday and dropped back down to the 171 by the following afternoon. I had a lot of salty foods last week.
  • frafjordtwins
    frafjordtwins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate to weigh myself daily because of the ups and downs. Pick one or two days a week to weight yourself. Keep up the work and the weight will come off. We did not gain this weight over night and it will not come off over night,
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You ate food and drank water. The things you consume have mass and contribute to the number on the scale while still in your intestines.

tl;dr take a crap
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Poop and weigh again in the morning.
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your weight is going to fluctuate during the day simply based on what you eat and drink (regardless of the exercise). If you're going to weigh daily then weigh once (first thing in the morning) and stop weighing at the end of the day...that said, if you choose to weigh daily you also have to be able to deal with the daily fluctuations that sometimes have no rhyme or reason for happening. If that's going to be a problem for you then I would suggest weighing weekly instead.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    As others have said it's a normal fluctuation.

You can't expect to eat, drink and workout and weigh less at the end of the day.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Did you eat any food? Drink any liquids? Of course you gain weight over the course of a day.

^^ This...I weighed myself this morning when I woke up. Then I did my workout and drank about 48oz of water. Then I weighed again and was up 2 pounds. That's just in an hour!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

^^ This...I weighed myself this morning when I woke up. Then I did my workout and drank about 48oz of water. Then I weighed again and was up 2 pounds. That's just in an hour!

Coincidentally, 48 ounces of water weighs approximately 3 pounds. You must have also gone to the bathroom during this hour.