couch to 5k

Options
Hello everyone ! I am starting the C25K program today and I am confused as to how I track it! any suggestions or advice!

Replies

• hoskibn
    hoskibn Posts: 86
    Options
    I just completed week 1, and tracked it as 22 minutes of walking and 8 minutes of jogging, speeds of course will vary. Big thing to remember is speed is not important for this, endurance is what matters...it's hard but that feeling of accomplishment is great.
  • Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Lol just re read your post.... I have in the past... and just yesterday looked at each work out and calculated the amount of times for running and walking. I usually put 4.0 miles per hour four walking unless i am speed walking and then i do 4.5. As far as the jogging i put the speed that was equivalent to the 10 minute mile as it is the pace i would run a mile which hasnt ever been over 10 minutes.
  • hoskibn
    Options
    Do you have an Iphone, Android or Ipod Touch? There is an App for C25K available. I think it was like 1.99, its the best money i have spent on fitness :-)

Totally the App is great!
  • ready2beach
    Options
    I did just download the app last night to my iPhone! Thanks guys for the help!
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i had the same question, i started last night........i tracked my walking 3.5 mph and jogging 5.2 seperately for the minutes i did them....... not sure what else to do ...... the treadmill said i burnt a TON more calories than the tracking thing did
  • CAW210
    CAW210 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have looked for a c25k in my area but can't locate one.....can you just do this on an app or what? Thanks
  • hoskibn
    Options
    C25k is the training program, then once you are done you can register for 5k events with the confidence that you can finish. I just use the app, it tracks your time for you and gives you vocal cues when to run, when to walk etc...also you can play your playlist through the app, best 1.99 I ever spent.
  • hoskibn
    Options
    i had the same question, i started last night........i tracked my walking 3.5 mph and jogging 5.2 seperately for the minutes i did them....... not sure what else to do ...... the treadmill said i burnt a TON more calories than the tracking thing did

If the machine says you did more than what is logged, go with the machine, at least that is what this site says and what I do :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just wear my HRM and log it as C25K W/HRM.

I'm on week 4 and i burn any where between 300-500 calories a session(that includes the 5 minute warm up, the chosen day, plus a 15 minute cool down walk back to my house).