Sports Bra in DD...

Options
I'm having a hard time finding a GOOD supportive sports bra that is big enough. I want to work out and do some harder strength building and calesthenics but I feel like I'm gonna pop out of my bra! HELP!

Replies

• w292737
    w292737 Posts: 25
    Options
    I wear 2. a regular bra with underwire (un lined, but thicker matereal) and then I wear a chamption sports bra over it. I find that gives me the best support, and helps with the uniboob issue that I can' stand.
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    If I am going to be doing a lot of movement I wear 2 to 3 sports bras. That way they aren't bouncing all over the place. Not the prettiest look but at least they are supported.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    moving comfort. by far are my favorite, and I'm a DD. I wear a D in their bras to make them a bit tighter, but my favorites are the vero for pretty much anything, maia for running/high impact, and fiona for things like yoga/pilates and other lower impact activities. they aren't super expensive either like most higher quality sports bras for big busted women!
  • peridot1383
    peridot1383 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I literally just ordered the Under Armour "Armour Bra" last week. It has gotten incredible reviews... supposedly doesn't create uniboob and also gives you support with just the one bra. It'll arrive next week so I'll tell you how it goes.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    They do not show online, but in my local Walmart I get a soft underwire sport bras in DD. It has cups and supports a lot better than most, and is only $6. Then a through a conventional sport bra over it, and I can do jacks and such.
  • kmeredith82
    kmeredith82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i actually found a good one at target - they have some champion brand sports bras that come in bra sizes. before i found that kind at target, i was planning on buying one from a sports store that was about 3xs the price. but i've been really happy with the target find, i've actually bought a couple now. good luck!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have read several threads on this so you may want to search as there are several different brands that seem to work for people. For myself Champion has seemed to work pretty well I get the Max support for D and DD. I am a D down from DD.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, and I love the Champion ones. They make this light grey one that is the BEST I've ever bought. I'm planning on buying a bunch in the same style soon!
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a DDD and found mine at Wal-Mart for like 8 dollars. It actually works really well, I have support and am covered all over. When I first started I had a hard time finding something and was surprised I found it at Wal-Mart.
  • spearson288
    spearson288 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I really like my Under Armour sports bra if I am doing anything more than weights. I specifically have the one with the razor back and zippers up in the front. I'm a 32 DD so it's incredibly hard to find anything that fits the girls and still sits right on my ribs. Under Armour is a little more pricey but definitely worth it.
  • agibson2786
    agibson2786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think that I am mostly shocked at the price of the sports bras. I would like to be able to get a few of them since I don't like the idea of being all sweaty and gross working out and then wearing it again if I only have one because its $60. I will be checking things out at target and walmart. Either that or I will be wearing 3 bras haha
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I agree! Some of the prices are crazy. I know this week at my Target the Champion bras are on sale for like $13 each, so it's not too bad. I considered some of the pricy options, but since I'm trying to lose weight I didn't want to invest in a bunch of nice stuff that I'm hoping to grow out of soon.
  • Mandy_PSU
    Mandy_PSU Posts: 8
    Options
    I wear two like many people have already said. This works really well. I'm a D - DD depending.
  • matmismel
    matmismel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear 2 bras, but recently bought a Champion Powerback. It is amazing! I got it in a 40 DD and it fit perfectly, seperates nicely and provides more support than any of the 6 other sports bras I have. I can even run in it comfortably. It was like $25 on amazon.com.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am a 36DD and I LOVE my lululemon cross your heart bra. Tucks the girls up nice under my chin and doesnt cause uniboob. about 50 bucks.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, and I love the Champion ones. They make this light grey one that is the BEST I've ever bought. I'm planning on buying a bunch in the same style soon!

Yep, Kohls, Champion with an under wire.... best sports bra's I have ever tried for a big chested lady =)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/crosssells/intimates/bras/hardtofindsizes/ddcup/champion/PRD~782863/Champion+Shape+FullFigure+Performance+MaximumImpact+Sports+Bra++6843.jsp
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    asda have one if your in the uk,:bigsmile:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I love the Moving Comfort Maia--I have it in two different sizes (34DD for running and 36D for low impact) and the girls stay put. No annoying mono-boob. Title IX is a catalog company/website for active/fitness clothes and they have an excellent bra selection--for all sizes and impact levels.
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I also wear two, an underwire that the wires came out of, and a tank sports bra by Old Navy. Works perfectly!
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44DD, and I just bought two great sports bras from Lady Grace...I'll take a look at the brand when I get home...But I believe it was only about $40 for the two of them...And there's no annoying underwire either...