mini goals

Options
I am putting myself on a no scale challenge for a few months as I need to really focus on getting my eating in line as well as getting firm and toned. if it were you which would you focus on first eating or getting firm and toned? I do better one at a time. mini steps. when I do focus on food my diary will be at private to get myself aligned in my eating habits.

Replies

• MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Same here. Weighing myself only on the first of the month, and relying on my clothing to tell my tale. Feel free to friend me!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Eating right goes hand-in-hand with exercising.

However, if you are going to focus on one at a time then I would think you should start by eating right and then gradually incorporate exercise into your life.

Having a well rounded exercise routine is probably beneficial too...not just weights but cardio as well.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have "mini weight goals" on my profile, most of them revolve around "21st Birthday" parties that my friends are throwing and events (MoH in wedding, college graduation) that I have coming up in the next year and a half. My plan is to only weigh myself around those days, but somedays, like last night when I noticed that my favorite pair of shorts that I sleep in weren't staying up very well even though they are tied as tight as possible, made me curious so I got on the scale this morning. Each week though I try to set goals to help me eat better as well.
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    Get your eating right first, but keep in mind while getting the eating in the right place that you may be hungrier or need more when you do start toning. Your body may need more fuel ---> so it's hard to just pick one but diet first is my suggestion
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do better one thing at a time as well. For me I started with my eating since that was by far the biggest factor in my weight gain and for me being so unhealthy. I even broke down getting into eating healthy.

The first thing I did was drastically cut down on added sugar. Then cut out the fast food, simple carbs, and unhealthy fats.

Its been two months and I am doing so much better now. I have cut down on the sugar A LOT, fast food is a rare treat and I have pretty much gotten rid of all the "bad carbs" from my diet and am eating whole grains.

I also started just walking 30 mins a day up and down very steep hills and have started trying to jog.
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They say abs are made in the kitchen. Working out wil be minimally helpful if your diet isn't in order.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would do strengthening first, because its going to make you more hungry and youre going to feel as though you're working against your nutrition goals if you get those settled first and THEN start lifting. Even though its natural to need to eat more the stronger you get. (but AWESOME that you get smallah!)
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    hmm that does sound like it would make more since to do the strength training first. focus on that first and then food.