Smoothies

Options
I have been looking into different types of smoothies that I can make (mainly fruit or items that can be masked by fruit) that will assist in weight loss or keeping a low calorie count. I do have a Magic bullet to mix this up in and prefer to have it in a 16 oz. quantity.

I am not a fan of strawberries though.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY MAGIC BULLET!!! As a college student with not very much space/time to clean, it's kind of a lifesaver :) Have you ever tried green smoothies? Add about a cup of spinach, frozen or fresh, to whatever you're making and you reduce calories while increasing volume!
    I've put in mangoes/pineapple/coconut milk (reduced fat from Trader Joe's) and it turned out pretty well. Kind of like a green pina colada ;D
  • mama2mila
    mama2mila Posts: 92
    Options
    My new favorite is the green monster.... 22 grams of protein to keep me full until lunch! 1 sliced frozen banana, 2 handfulls of raw baby spinach, 1 TBS natural peanut butter, 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk. YUM!
  • Mainey13
    Mainey13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    One of the best tasting protein powders I have tried is from Walmart: PURE PROTEIN CHOCOLATE. Their power bars are good as well and low in sugar. I usually add to 1 scoop of protein powder: Vanilla almond breeze (1 cup is 40 calories), 1/2 banana, ground flax (tsp) and some cinnamon. You could also add in some Tbsp of Greek yogurt.
  • Budahazyjr
    Budahazyjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you like shakes, I can recamend the shakes that I drink. I replaces 2 meals a day with shakes that are low in calories and have the protein that you need to keep going. The shakes come in different flavors and taste great. The best part is you can mix them with you favorite fruit or juice and they taste even better. I mix vanilla with orange juice and get a cream sickle flavor that is great. Check my profile page for the my website to see if there is something that interests you. Just watch the sugar because it will prevent you from losing weight.
  • calijim
    calijim Posts: 5
    Options
    Check out www.marksdailyapple.com he has a ebook you can get for free with shake ideas.