Sports Bra in DD...

Options
2»

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lmao will be looking around the gym trying to figure out wth uniboob is tomorrow
  • agibson2786
    agibson2786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear 2 bras, but recently bought a Champion Powerback. It is amazing! I got it in a 40 DD and it fit perfectly, seperates nicely and provides more support than any of the 6 other sports bras I have. I can even run in it comfortably. It was like $25 on amazon.com.

EXACTLY!! Its hard enough finding a good sports bra in DD but finding one in a 40DD is pretty tough. I've always been at least a 38 at my thinnest, I guess I just have a big ribcage! I don't want to spend a ton of money on one seeing that I am loosing weight fairly quickly. Thanks, I'll check out amazon
  • rcastil
    rcastil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to wear 2-3 until I got an Old Navy padded sports bra. Great support AND coverage, plus it washes well. No popping out, no bouncing, no uniboob, and it covers more than many of my tank tops.
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the Champion Powerback...until I found that one, I never could find a supportive sports bra.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    i'm an E and i'm ok with just one.
    i wear a 'shock absorber' and it's the business!

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/

i like the ultimate run bra.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Hey wow...I've been rocking the uniboob and didn't even realize it was an issue lol

I buy mine from walmart but then replace them frequently because they stretch out. I get a D size though I'm a DD and it squishes them in there lol.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time finding a GOOD supportive sports bra that is big enough. I want to work out and do some harder strength building and calesthenics but I feel like I'm gonna pop out of my bra! HELP!
    If you have any running stores around (that specialize in running shoes, etc) they usually fit and sell specialized sports bras. I have the same problem!! (40DDD) I went and got measured and I feel so much more support. Now keep in mind it's a little costly, but you get what you pay for... Your back with thank you.
  • aims17
    aims17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently ordered The Glamorise Double Layer Custom Control Sports Bra. They have it on JCP.com but I ordered it off the manufacturer website for less. http://glamorisesport.com/double-layer-custom-control-sport-bra/ I'm a DDD and even 2 sports bras don't help. This bra is awesome and worth the money!! No bounce and I feel very secure in it.
  • njobst
    njobst Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know some people that wear two. I wonder if there's any research on whether that is helpful or not, good or bad or not.

I went bra shopping last weekend. I went in expecting to spend $60. I wear a 38 DD and ended up buying a 40DDD sports bra. I absolutely need one that clasps, too. Well, I grabbed eight bras and ended up crying in the dressing room because NONE fit. I finally found one and am glad I went through the pain. As a bonus, I ended up paying less, only $46. Definitely spend more money on one bra rather than buying 4 of the same awful bra from Target. Just my opinon. :-)
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I second the Under Armour suggestions. I use to have to wear two bras, but my Under Armour sports bra gives enough support all by itself. I love it.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32DD and based on recommendations on here I have tried the following:
    T-Bird Sports Bra from Athleta (it's just OK, comfortable but doesn't completely stop the bounce even with a tank top that also has a built-in bra, however it's better than some old cheap spandex pullover thing. Works well for lifting but not great for cardio)
    Glory Bra from Athleta (terrible - returned after I tried it on)
    Lily of France Womens Sport in Action Sport (truly awful - returned after I tried it on)
    Under Armour Women's Armour Bra in DD (again, just OK, fairly supportive but doesn't totally stop the bounce)
    Moving Comfort "Booby Trap" from Title Nine (the sizing was way off on this, it was crazy tight and I returned it immediately)

And finally I've met my sports bra soulmate: The Moving Comfort Juno bra. Yes, you need to be a contorionist to get in and out of the thing but it's fantastic. They're not cheap but I was able to find one on amazon for $40. The others I bought on Title Nine, they call it the "7 Wonders Bra" because for some reason they insist on re-naming everything. Title Nine has items on sale every Wednesday so I would check them and amazon for cheaper prices. Good luck!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I love the Under Armour front zip with molded cups and crisscross back. I wear a 34DD and I have tried so many brands, but this is the only one that I can run in comfortably. If it holds up to running, then it's great for everything else.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I have an under armour, glamorise, and champion. All three have performed their duties without the uniboob factor. For running, though, I prefer the under armour. It is the best in keeping the sweat at bay while supporting my big girls.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

And finally I've met my sports bra soulmate: The Moving Comfort Juno bra. Yes, you need to be a contorionist to get in and out of the thing but it's fantastic. They're not cheap but I was able to find one on amazon for $40. The others I bought on Title Nine, they call it the "7 Wonders Bra" because for some reason they insist on re-naming everything. Title Nine has items on sale every Wednesday so I would check them and amazon for cheaper prices. Good luck!

Chi18, I will definitely try this one!
  • JaninaRello
    JaninaRello Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    UNDERARMOUR!

There is NO COMPARISON!

Underarmour makes amazing sports bras - they only have 1 style for DD's, but it's incredible. $58 a piece, but you only need one and it is all that and a bag of chips.

I promise you; you will not be disappointed.
  • agibson2786
    agibson2786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Champion Powerback on amazon. Crossing my fingers! 25 including shipping isn't too bad of a price!