Whats up MFP

Options
Hello MFPers,

My name is Joshua, I am 23 and currently living in Pittsburgh PA, and this is my story.

My fitness life has had its ups and downs over the years. Coming out of High school i was 240 lbs and was extremely lazy. My weight dropped considerably by my junior year to about 180-185 due to drinking a lot and not eating and other factors. I looked healthy, but i was not. Drinking and not exercising caught up with me before my senior year and i was up to about 200 lbs. I moved into my apartment and started working out with my roommate everyday and i got into great shape , 195 sub 8 min mile. Everything was great going though my senior year, beside not graduating lol. During the next summer I was working out alone and hurt my forearm, which took all my motivation to work out away. During my super senior semester i didn't work out or run and was at 210. After graduating i moved out of my house and got a job in downtown Pittsburgh. I'm now at 220 and its time for a change. I just quit smoking this week and have drastically cut down my alcohol consumption.

I knew that my student loans were going to kick in, so i went and spent my last bit of "mad money" on a new pair of shoes (special design because of my balance issue) and a new pair of earphones. I did my first C25K work out last night (which went awesome) and immediately after I payed my first bill.... wow.

Since i will not be able to afford to do much else i will be running a lot lol.

I tend to work out harder if i have a friend with me, but im sure cyber friends will provide just as much motivation. Friend me if you want!

Have a good day everyone

Cheers

Replies

• JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you about not having a lot of money to do anything but run or walk. I found I can also do workouts at home using things around the house. And believe me, the people I have added from here have keep me motivated, helped me along the way, and encouraged me if I didn't log in for a few days. Feel free to add me, and have fun on your journey!
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Pittsburgh here, add me if you wish
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I look up workouts on youtube and do them. I have had the same problem with getting healthy then falling back into old habits then losing weight in unhealthy ways. Now I am trying to get healthy and lose the weight through exercise and eating better.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    What's up, Josh!?

Welcome to the site. Good luck.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1. Im adding you because we LSU fans need to stick together and Live Gold Love Purple together forever
    2. I can tell youre already going to be far more awesome than anyone in your world is prepared to handle
    and
    3. I bet your news feed posts are going to be entertaining as well as full of legit bragging rights on your accomplishments.

Id like to watch you succeed.
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Hey Joshua! I'm a runner... I'd love to help you out in any way I can!

Kick it!

Shel
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm Lindsay! My story isn't so much of gain and loss and gain and loss, as much as it was just a gradual lengthy gain! After the birth of my daughter, I did manage to lose some of the pregnancy weight, but now she's 5 and well I don't have an excuse!

I was litterally mid pizza slice when I decided that's it! Time for a change! Time to get off this disgusting downhill roll I am on!

Majority of my Exercise right now is Moksha Yoga (yoga in a heated room)...It's amazing and I love and need it for my mind body and soul!! I have also started jogging, and am impressed at how much easier it gets each time! I never liked jogging ever! So now I am loving it! A good pair of shoes, an armband for my Iphone and some ear buds that don't fall out and I am off! lol

I am just getting in to the community here...I've been using the Ap to track my nutrition and exercise for over a year, so this part is actually new to me, and way cooler than I could have imagined! Especially because I am sure people are getting tired of me and my new obession lol!!!
  • Lsufan22
    Lsufan22 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Nice to meet you! looking forward to all this community has to offer!

LSU Fan for Life

Southern by the grace of god, or so im told lol

Born in LA move to PA with family, looking to move back down eventually

Cheers
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Nice to meet you! looking forward to all this community has to offer!

LSU Fan for Life

Southern by the grace of god, or so im told lol

Born in LA move to PA with family, looking to move back down eventually

Cheers

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God.

grew up in LA moved to NYC :D:D:D but uh.... NOT going back :|
  • mrmr70079
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm mariam.. Egyptian