Hi

Options
Hi everyone, I've been using the site and app for about a year and a half now (think maybe even 2 years). My name is Oscar, i'm from NYC and I recently turned 29. When I was 27 I decided to go back to school and work on a degree in dietetics (after being obese for my entire life and trying to lose weight I realized I enjoyed learning about nutrition and helping people lose weight), but I weighed in at 287lbs at the time and figured if I would really like to become a registered dietitian that no one would take a fat one seriously (i iknow I wouldn't) and my journey began, over a period of about 8 - 9 months I managed to drop about 100 lbs and by my 28th birthday I was down to 174lbs. I have a lot of loose skin and a lot of body fat left, and lost a lot of muscle mass (obviously from the rapid weight loss).

This past spring due to some stress from school and exams my weight went back up to 202 lbs, but I managed to get back to 185 quickly once summer started up. I am currently 183 and losing weight somewhat slowly, my main source of exercise is now weight training, I've managed to gain a lot of muscle mass and have gotten a lot stronger. I am now down to the size I was when I weighed 174 (small shirt, size 30 pant size) but I'm 10 lbs heavier (so i'm guessing I have 10 lbs of muscle mass this year I didn't have last year). Anyway my overall goal is to hit the 150s, but I'm mainly concentrating on my looks, if i'm satisfied with the way I look when I hit the 160s I won't drop any lower. My original plan was to drop to the 150s and gain back the weight through weight training.

That's my story! Hope to meet new people on here, be motivated and help motivate others!

Replies

• snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Oscar,
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I love the idea of having a food expert on my side. :drinker:
  • omerc10696
    omerc10696 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    HI thnx for the greetings, took me a while to find my post lol! Feel free to ask me anything and I'll try my best to answer with what knowledge I have =)