Do you know where your food comes from?

Options
So a while ago I watched Food, INC and I just wanted to send out a topic concerning to eat organic or not! I found the whole food production to be a bit overwhelming and frankly scary for me and I have really looked at what I am eating and what I am supporting by purchasing non-organics. At any rate, curious if anyone else has seen this movie and if they made life altering changes!!

Replies

• crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am interested in seeing the movie but am curious about you stating that you are now buying non-organic foods. What's the major point of the movie? I was always under the impression that organic foods are better.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to give that impression. I meant that when I was purchasing non-organics. I now purchase organic foods to include meats, grains, etc. Whenever I can. Not always the easist thing to do. And yes that is what the movie is about. Very good movie, highly suggest it!
  • liz72
    liz72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have not seen the movie, but I've heard good things about it. I've read a couple books that are along the same vein. You might check out "In Defense of Food" as well as "Real Food". I was shocked when I learned how fake processed foods are. I don't believe we are getting the full nutritional value from our food, as much as we think we are. We really need to stay away from them. I have gone to making many things from scratch, so I know what's going into my food. I have started making my own yogurt. I buy organic items when I can.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Food tastes better -- in my opinion unadulterated!