Dieter Anxiety

Options
I'm not sure what diet or lifestyle of eating to do! Low carb, weight watchers, counting calories,ugghh. AS I've written in my profile I've
Tried many times to lose weight, and I quit. I don't want to quit! I'm sure I'm over thinking it and I'm psyching myself out.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Why make it so hard? Go to this site http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised and figure out how much you should be eating and then decide what you will eat. Watch your calories and be aware of your macros (fat/protein/carbs). This is great info. It changed my whole outlook on changing my eating habits. Good Luck!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Simply eating healthy!

Do the calculations and set you daily goal.

Goal midway between BMR and TDEE. Don't eat OVER TDEE or UNDER BMR.

Try to have a calorie deficit of 500 to 1000 a day. Track this by using this site's features.

If diet alone CANNOT give you that deficit (DO NOT go under BMR), then add exercise.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what diet or lifestyle of eating to do! Low carb, weight watchers, counting calories,ugghh. AS I've written in my profile I've
    Tried many times to lose weight, and I quit. I don't want to quit! I'm sure I'm over thinking it and I'm psyching myself out.
    Any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be that stressful or difficult. Count your calories. Try to stay at your MFP calorie goal every day. Eat whatever foods you want - as long as they fit in your calorie goal.

Do a little reading and research:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Start doing a little exercise - just about anything you enjoy would be good. You don't have to start doing "Insanity" just because that's what everyone else is doing. Do what you like.

That's all it takes! Eat less, move more. It really is that simple.
  • Becky3701
    Becky3701 Posts: 49
    Options
    I started counting calories today and using the site. I just don't know of I can count calories forever.
    I think I will give myself a time frame to try it.
  • beachlover317
    Options
    Any suggestions?

It doesn't have to be that stressful or difficult. Count your calories. Try to stay at your MFP calorie goal every day. Eat whatever foods you want - as long as they fit in your calorie goal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Start doing a little exercise - just about anything you enjoy would be good. You don't have to start doing "Insanity" just because that's what everyone else is doing. Do what you like.

Great minds think alike. :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    Options
    I started counting calories today and using the site. I just don't know of I can count calories forever.
    I think I will give myself a time frame to try it.

It is a little overwhelming to think about doing this FOREVER! But I have been counting calories for about 4 1/2 months now and it does get easier. AFter a while you know what a portion of something looks like and you learn what calories are in the foods you eat the most. I can see myself logging for a long time to come. But that's just me!
  • Becky3701
    Options
    Thank you. Deep breath..lol..
  • reenpayne
    reenpayne Posts: 21
    Options
    Just a suggestion... each grilled, baked chicken or talipia(fish). Eat lots of green veggies (fresh or frozen NO CAN!!!). Beans such as pinto beans, green beans, peas ect. Stay away from sweets, soda, and limit your bread intake. You can do this!!!:smile:
  • Becky3701
    Options
    Thank you reenpayne! :)
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Just a suggestion... each grilled, baked chicken or talipia(fish). Eat lots of green veggies (fresh or frozen NO CAN!!!). Beans such as pinto beans, green beans, peas ect. Stay away from sweets, soda, and limit your bread intake. You can do this!!!:smile:

No offense, but you don't have to do this.

I eat those things listed, but I also eat pizza, pasta, ice cream, candy, cookies, bread, cake, cheese, etc. There is no reason to deprive yourself of something you like.

Just focus on counting calories at first. Then slowly introduce healthy changes (maybe one a week?).

I like to think of calories like money- I use 80% of my paycheck for the things I need (pay bills, mortgage, utilities, groceries, etc). Then, I have 20% left over to spend on what I want (a new outfit, go to a movie, etc). Calories are the same. 80% healthy, 20% what you want.
  • LoraF83
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Great minds think alike. :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: