Replies

• korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Add protein!
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    Increase your protein, fibre and water! Those three help to curb appetite and keep you full longer.

When you feel hungry drink a bunch of water first before eating. Sometimes our bodies confuse thirst for hunger!

what's a good source of fiber and protein that I could start eating

I buy these oscar mayer cutting board beef and chicken, but I can eat the whole package, plus veggies, plus yogrt, plus ........thats why I need to curb my appetite

Can you add some meat to your veggies? Some grilled chicken or tuna or something? If not, maybe some nuts?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    address the root cause, not the symptom.
  • hollyg123
    hollyg123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try to add some grilled chicken with your vegetables for lunch and try oatmeal for breakfast. Then maybe have the yogurt and the bar for snacks.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I try and keep around a 1500 calorie a day, I drink my breakfast with a small protien bar, around 360 calories, snack on ralphs carbmaster yogurt. I get 1/2 bag of frozen vegtables with some butter spray for lunch, maybe some fruit, carrots (raw)....etc...etc, they fill me up I think, but it feels like I'm missing something that would make me fill full full....maybe that's the problem, i'm so use to feeling stuffed and uncomfortable when i'm usually full.

It sounds like you are not eating right. I only eat 1200 calories a day and never feel like I didnt eat enough. I bag of vegetables is not enough food for lunch and your breakfast doesnt sound fullfilling either. You can eat real meals within your calorie goals and feel full. Eat some chicken, fish, or steak with your bag of veggies. You can make a breakfast sandwhich, eat oatmeal or cereal, or some other real meal instead of a protein bar with whatever you are drinking. Its not just the calories its how you are eating the calories. You wont feel hungry if you plan sustainable meals.
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    If you weant to take a drug to suppress appetite then find a dealer and get some methamphetamine. Its cheap, will cut your appetite lmost 100% and you will lose a ton of weight, and teeth.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this strict eating stuff and it seems I'm almost always hungry. I have been looking into some different types of appetite supressors. I found this hoodia gondorii pills and they look like they might work for appetite supression. Has anyone use this stuff before, I don't need any energy stuff with it, just make me not so hungry all the time

Cinnamon pills will curb that appetite, at least it does for me.
  • Shmemily001
    Shmemily001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. And personally, I don't have a problem with taking pills to curb appetite. It was the only way I could get my calories down to a good range without feeling like I am always starving. Some people mentioned eating more protein, but I don't think that is the whole story. I think for awhile my body had a carb/sugar addiction, which made my brain send signals that I was hungry all the time. I was literally hungry when I shouldn't have been.

So, for awhile I only ate protein, good fats, and very few carbs. Most of my carbs were from veggies, but no bread or sugar products. Once I was able to get my body used to not having carbs, my appetite triggers went way back down to normal, and now I've reintroduced carbs into my diet. I still take a appetitie suppressent, but its a secondard side effect to the medication my doctor prescribed. Still, even before I took the meds, introducing healthy fats and avoiding carbs for a few months made a HUGE difference in my appetite triggers.

So, I would say before you try pills, try eating really good fats and see if they fill you up while allowing you to stay below your calorie goal for the day. They should greatly help you reduce cravings. Some of my favorite treats are organically grown happy pig bacon, grass fed happy cow butter, raw milk, cream cheese, smoked salmon, avacado, and turkey breast.
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating an insane amount of beans, black beans in particular. They are so filling and they stay with you for a long time. They truly are a magical fruit.

that makes you toot...lol
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When I first started I was on Tenuate which is a prescription appettite suppressant, but I got off of it and haven't noticed a difference. The thing is to find filling foods that are good for you and to let your body get used to eating less than it used to while still feeling satisfied or full. It takes time, but it's easier when you condition your body rather than rely on pills or some herbal concoction because those you can't have forever.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Check out the shataki noodle recipies in Chelles blog

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

Here is her "Lets talk about ****aki noodles" post, check it out if you don't know what they are. (0 cal jappanese noodles) She has some good recipies and ways to make them not taste like crap.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/667310-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles-the-continuation
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What did you set as your weekly loss goal? 1500 cals. for a man seems awfully low to me. My husband has been doing this program w/me for almost 2 yrs. and I don't think he's ever eaten that few calories as a goal. He's lost at least 40 lbs. w/diet and exercise. You may also want to look into this along w/adding more protein and carbs.

Just a thought :smile:
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I usually drink Drain-O before eating...keeps the food out of me for days.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Three things-

PROTEIN

FIBER

WATER

this should help curb your appetite. :) And guess what, It's free! And it actually works! woohoo!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    I drink my breakfast with a small protien bar, around 360 calories,

there's your problem.eat bacon and eggs. fat keeps you full!
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I try and keep around a 1500 calorie a day, I drink my breakfast with a small protien bar, around 360 calories, snack on ralphs carbmaster yogurt. I get 1/2 bag of frozen vegtables with some butter spray for lunch, maybe some fruit, carrots (raw)....etc...etc, they fill me up I think, but it feels like I'm missing something that would make me fill full full....maybe that's the problem, i'm so use to feeling stuffed and uncomfortable when i'm usually full.

also over 65 ounces of water a day

Have something like oatmeal for breakfast...all the fiber makes you full, lots of water with it also. then have a snack of veggies of fruit in between, for lunch do at least 4-6 ounces of lean chicken with some veggies like peppers/mushrooms/onions, snack on veggies and/or some fruit in between again. then for dinner pile on some veggie, applesauce, 6-8 ounces pork chops (lean) very small amount of noodle/rice, then for your snack before bed have a fruit bar , or some angel food cake with some strawberries, or maybe a small serving of ice cream........I am what you call a big eater...I like to feel FULL, not just satisfied...and this is about how I eat every day....I never go hungry...it is mostly all clean foods that will fill you and keep you feeling full. Just remember to do water all day in between....also 65 ounces is not much...try to do at least 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight. and 65 ounces would only put you at 130 pounds and with what you are looking to lose i hope you are not 130 pounds right now other wise you need more then just our help...lol Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    What did you set as your weekly loss goal? 1500 cals. for a man seems awfully low to me. My husband has been doing this program w/me for almost 2 yrs. and I don't think he's ever eaten that few calories as a goal. He's lost at least 40 lbs. w/diet and exercise. You may also want to look into this along w/adding more protein and carbs.

Just a thought :smile:
    I agree with the number of calories. I'm eating my BMR at 1560 and am losing weight fairly easily. I think OP needs to re-evaluate his caloric intake, along with his diet.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    If you weant to take a drug to suppress appetite then find a dealer and get some methamphetamine. Its cheap, will cut your appetite lmost 100% and you will lose a ton of weight, and teeth.

^^^now this is funny! but i agree with everybody else...stay away from the pills.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I hear ya buddy, 1500 isn't alot to work with, sounds kind of low for a guy tho.

Protein has calories, fiber has calories, everything has calories and carbs are evil. I'm going to keep watching this thread for more ideas.

My problem is I don't get to log alot of exercise time. I'm fairly active, but I don't get to set aside time to exercise very often. So I dont usually earn many extra calories.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Six or Seven years ago I read an article about hoodia in the Readers Digest, I had to order them which took about a week to come. Story made short they did absolutley nothing! No reduction of appetite in the slightest. I have later read that unless you are getting a true quality source like the actual Hoodia plant they are useless. I agree eating high quality fats and lean protiens in addition to your current diet will really help keep you from feeling hungry and reduce the cravings too.