not sure what to do

Options
I dont know what Im doing wrong. I was under my calories every day this week and I exercised every day! I thought this was my best week yet, but instead I gained a pound! I dont get it. It seems like so many other people can lost at least 5 pounds in a week where my biggest loss in a week was 1.4 pounds. And I have MFP set to 2lbs a week. 4 weeks ago I was down to 163.4, then I had some friends over the next weekend and went up to 165, the next week I was back down to 163.2 and this week Im 164.2. how is it that I can go up after having such a productive week?? What am I doing wrong? What can I do to make it go the right way?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    To lose two pounds a week, you would have to burn 1000 calories more a day than you eat. That's really hard. You might open your diary and get the experienced people to take a look and make suggestions.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I made it public. I am not burning THAT much. its just not possible for me. I just dont get why I have to work so much harder. For example, my Fiance has begun to diet too. Ive been doing this since May 14 and lost 9 pounds. He started like 3 weeks after me and did not add exercise and lost 15. I dont get it!!!!!!!
  • Lbarone1124
    Options
    Men lose weight much quicker than we do. Their metabolism is better. Maybe your monthly bill is messing it up or you just held more water this week? Who knows! I have been there plenty of times Jaime! Just don't lose focus and continue to do what you are doing. I am so proud of you! :happy:
  • smudgeroo
    smudgeroo Posts: 45
    Options
    Hey, I'm no expert, and I don't know what kind of exercise you do, but I've heard that doing some kind of weight training can really help to raise your basic metabolic rate because muscle burns more energy (even when you're not doing anything!). Or maybe you are doing some weights work and so you weigh a little more because muscle mass is heavier than fat. Perhaps you could try taking measurements as well as weighing yourself, so if the scales are discouraging you can see the results a different way.
    Don't give up!:happy:
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Maybe I will start doing measurement, tho im a bit afraid!! lol.