Let's try this again, the right way!

Options
Let me start by introducing myself, I'm 19, 6ft 2in, and now 276.2 lbs.I work as a lifeguard and swimming lessons instructor at a YMCA. I joined myfitnesspal yesterday and am already seeing results. I've tried weight watchers, the dukan diet, advocare 24 day challenge, sensa... the list goes on and on. Typically I'd stick with it for a maximum of a month and a half and then slowly fall back into my old routine. This time I'm determined to actually do something about it. I'm building up my support team and surrounding myself with only positiveness. Instead of thinking of all the things I can't eat I'm thinking of all the things I can do with a healthy body and how much more I will enjoy my life in the future.

This time I'm taking it more slowly, walking around the pool at work instead of sitting, swimming on my breaks and doing some miscellaneous strength exercises as well as some yoga. My problem in the past was that I burnt myself out by exercising too much too quickly or just starving myself.

So yes, that's me. Please feel free to add me, I'll take all the support I can get! :)

Replies

• mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    I imagine that being a lifeguard will have you in the gym regularly, so you'll have an advantage over most. you're also young, so you'll have a lot of energy to work out. I'm familiar with the "old routine." What has helped break it for me in the past is having someone to do it with. I'm lucky in that my wife is doing this with me. Being at the gym, maybe you can find other people on a similar quest and group up.

Otherwise, there are always those of us over here who are a mere internet connection away.

Good luck!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Would love to help each other out! I'll send you an add!
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    hello we can do anything if we put our minds to it so good luck and I hope you have a great day
  • Ainsleyjane90
    Options
    I'd love to help out with your journey! I just got back on to MFP and need some motivation as well. I'm also 21...so we are close in age. Add me if you'd like :)

Best wishes
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I sent an add n would welcome others to add me as well :)
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your weight loss! You can do it :)

Feel free to add me if you wish
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    So lucky to have the access to the pool every day!! You can do this...one day at a time :) Feel free to add me
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that weight loss seems to be more mental than physical. Hang in there. You got this!! Feel free to add me
  • Chocolate_Queen
    Chocolate_Queen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hope you get on well with MFP. Good luck!
  • andrea2787
    andrea2787 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do this! They say taking drastic steps only lasts for a little while,so the small steps you are making will definitely add up! Keep up the great work!

Feel free to add me, also! :)