Costco foods

Options

Replies

• heykyle
    heykyle Posts: 1
    Options
    They have really great things there that are my not-so-secret go-to's! I recommend the veggie patties from Morning Star (in burger form and morning sausage), which have so few calories and really fill me up. Also the greek yogurt, and of course the fruit.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    dog and a soda for $1.50 Yum!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I found a jalapeno greek yogurt dip there last week that I am in love with. It is great with veggies!

Love this stuff too.

I also buy the frozen edamame pouches from Costco. And those little Indian packets of Lentils (forget what they are called).
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tasty Bite Madras Lentils - square yellow box, by the rice.

Lentils, red beans, and spices in a creamy tomato sauce. Taste like a really awesome chili - you never miss the meat. All natural , vegetarian, gluten free, no MSG, no preservatives, Kosher. Simple whole ingredients, heat and eat.

Per serving - 150 cals, 6g fat, 18g carbs, 7g protein, 5g fiber. My go to snack when hungry and no time to cook. Even my 10 year old LOVES it.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Trident Alaskan salmon patties. They're only around 170 cals each (if I remember correctly), loaded with protein (20 grams
    /patty), very thick and are seasoned very well. Just pan fry them straight from the freezer in a little bit of olive oil and you're ready. Have you a little salad on the side....MMMMMMMMM

I just bought some mahi-mahi patties recently that's pretty good too. The Costco nearest my house doesn't carry it, so I have to go to the one across town that has them to get some more :o(
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
  • danabrash
    danabrash Posts: 67
    Options
    Frozen blueberries
    Adam's peanut butter
    brown rice
    frozen chicken, mahimahi, shrimp
    fage

and of course Starbucks. :)
  • fitterhappiermoreproductive
    Options
    Wow, you guys have given me a HUGE list of yummies! I can't wait to go shopping! Keep em coming!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    0% Fage Greek yogurt
    Frozen shrimp
    Tilapia Loins
    Olive Oil
    Berries
    Brussel Sprouts
    Mushrooms
    Frozen stir fry veggie mix
    Eggs
    Almond butter
    Peanut butter
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Round top steak
    Dave's Killer Bread
  • alneuby
    alneuby Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats Kirkland Albacore tuna in the can. Best tuna in the world, hands down. You will never buy supermarket starkist crap again.

Also, the frozen scallops are soooo yummy. They might seem expensive (like 35 dollars a pack) but there are a lot of them and they are pretty low cal.

Any Kirkland brand frozen fish that is individualy packaged is fantastic as well. I have never had a bad piece of fish from a bag of kirkland frozen fish. Never.

Also, I love the High Liner Baja Mahi Mahi. It is perfect for fish tacos and preseasoned, and comes with a spicy chipotle sauce. Really declious.
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    - giant tubs of fage's greek yogurt (we go through tons of this stuff --this alone is worth the Costco membership)
    - frozen wild blueberries
    - fresh broccoli
    - 5 lb. bag of carrots
    - smoked gouda cheese
    - raw tortillas
    - beef, chicken breast, shellfish, salmon
    - stacy's pita chips
    - Kirkland olive oil
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Most defnitely the Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges package. Only 35 calories per wedge piece and they are so yummy! A must get for me is the big package of organic spinach, asparagus, fruit, and the seasoned roasted seaweed (only 30 calories per package!) ... I could go on and on =)
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I like buying the big bag of organic brown rice and now quinoa. This is not health food, but the mini chicken cilantro wontons are fantastic. I make them with edamame and oriental vegetables and it's a great and filling meal.

I have just recently tried the Kirkland whole grain bread (comes 2 in a pack). It's delicious.
  • linds2324
    linds2324 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yum...that all sounds amazing.

I like Dr. Praeger's spinach pancakes. I usually zap 2 of them & put them ontop of my salad. I also enjoy the quinoa salad.
  • MeMountainMom
    MeMountainMom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat sandwich thins :) for hamburgers and sandwich:laugh:
    fish and shrimp
    meats - ground turkey, chicken, tri tip, etc
    veggies - all of them :):wink:
    water
    Fruits - All of them :)
    salads
    vitamens:flowerforyou:
    Whole wheat pasta noodles:smile:
    popcorn - the healthiest one:mad:

Good luck in there! Every time I go they get $600 from me:noway: :noway: :sad: :sad:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I buy a ton of natural foods there- fresh and frozen produce, eggs, quinoa, beans, flax, oats, etc.

So I'll plug the one packaged 'diet' item I've been buying for years: Healthy Choice Fudge Bars! 100 calories of creamy, frozen goodness.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I buy their frozen salmon patties...so good. I also get chicken/vidalia onion patties (not frozen). Fresh mozzarella medallions are good also. And they have large bags of quinoa...love it!
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Flatout wraps in BULK! They make fantastic sandwiches or you can use them as a pizza crust! 100 calories and a TON of fiber!! I am also one of those Trident Salmon Patty people...delicious! Kirkland brand boneless skinless individual packed chicken breasts make life soooooooooo easy! Baby carrots, blueberries, raw almonds and frozen veggies....So yummy!!!

One thing that I miss that I haven't had in a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG time is Costco's giant sized slice of pizza...sooooooooo much grease!! Sooo delicious!! LOL!!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ps - I love your MFP name ;)