? about protein shakes

Options
Since Saturday i have been adding a protein shake to my diet to bump up my calories...i am up at 4am and used to be a cup of coffee was fine for me until around 10:30 -11ish. yesterday and today i woke up starving..my stomach was literally growling for breakfast...so i've gone from little appetite and having a prob with meeting caloric goal to being hungry and will prob have to be careful not to go over daily goal.

does adding breakfast/protein shakes do this?

Replies

• hopsanddreams
    Options
    I find, for myself (and I have ZERO qualifications to be answering this, other than my personal experience) that if I drink a shake in the morning, or eat in the morning, when I eat in the morning when I'm not accustomed to it, I end up hungry the rest of the day. It's like once my body starts processing food, it's wants a steady stream of it for the rest of that day. So, I try to go with a piece of fruit in the morning (banana before a run is perfect for me), big glass of water for my drive in to work, possibly a bar of some sort, and then that's it until lunch. If I do a protein shake or an egg or two after my run or morning workout - I'm hungry again before 10, and I end up hitting the candy pantry at work (yes, my employer keeps rubbermaid totes full of hard candy, mints, and CHOCOLATE stocked at all times - It's a wonder I'm not a blimp after 5 years here!).
  • mskimber99
    mskimber99 Posts: 30
    Options
    i have always had a small appetite...but i am literally starving the past 2 days...bizarre