CURB APPETITE WITH PILLS

Options
13»

Replies

• Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I used a number of diet pills in the past. They work like BAM-however, it's not healthy, it's not sustainable, the second you go off them (and you should) you gain it all back. Just do it the healthy way and kick appetite by filling up on veggies and high-protein foods like beans, nuts, low-fat meats...mmm...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i also prefer to curb my appetite with ketosis.
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    THIS JUST IN: CURB APPETITE WITH FOOD!

No, really, I swear it works.
    [/quot

And that's why I look like this today
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    My appetite got a lot easier to control once I got my fat, carbs, and proteins in balance.

In the interim, I used cinnamon gum. Cinnamon is a decent appetite suppressant. You can also use it in your food where the flavors are compatible or if you're brave (LOL). It seems to slow down the absorption of sugars for me and makes me feel satisfied faster and longer.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I hear ya buddy, 1500 isn't alot to work with, sounds kind of low for a guy tho.

26 pounds ago with a goal of 2 pounds a week, the site had me at 1470 calories. I'm 6' 3" and at the time weighed 230.

In addition to the two tricks above, I also converted over to being a grazer. I have a healthy breakfast, open up my lunch around 10:30 and it's a nibble-an-hour until 4:00-ish. It keeps me from feeling either fully satisfied or insatiably hungry all day. It doesn't work for everyone, but it may be worth a shot.
  • majlinda89
    majlinda89 Posts: 10
    Options
    I used oxy elite pro for a couple weeks it worked but i only took 1 in the morning and used to for kind of a boost. i dont use it anymore i just drink alot of water and eat alot of oatmeal
  • moparpat
    moparpat Posts: 30
    Options
    address the root cause, not the symptom.

And the root cause would be????, maybe if I knew I could solve this always hungry thing I'm going thru!!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    address the root cause, not the symptom.

And the root cause would be????, maybe if I knew I could solve this always hungry thing I'm going thru!!!

The root of the cause is one of the following-

you are not drinking enough water, eating enough protein, or eating enough fiber.

OR- it is purely mental and you are bored or have an addiction with food.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Since it doesn't sound like water or fiber is the problem, I would definitely concentrate on upping your protein and healthy fats.

It's too bad no one else has answered your question...I'm sure just hearing "protein" is a bit frustrating for someone like you who's still learning what to do.

Lean meats are a great source of protein - fish/seafood, poultry (chicken, turkey), lean pork, lean red meat and even game meats (rabbit, moose, deer, etc). Be careful with ground turkey if you go that route as they're not all made the same - look for ones that are labeled breast meat only or specifically say what percentage (like 93%) lean. Same for like turkey sausage/pepperoni/bacon vs the regular. In some cases, they're not much leaner than the original or may have way more sodium or calories and in the end aren't worth the swap. Definitely start reading your labels!

Healthy fats help a lot too - avacado, nuts, seeds and their butters are all good sources. Yes they're high in calories but they tend to be more filling and are good for you.

1500 calories per day sounds low to me too - I think it's the minimum for men. If upping the protein and fat doesn't help you, maybe up your calories by 100-200 per day and see if that helps. It won't likely stall your weight loss too much, in fact it may help if your body's not getting enough nutrients, it will hold on to what little you're giving it.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Add some chicken breast to those veggies at lunch. It will keep you fuller longer.
  • tinlis
    tinlis Posts: 34
    Options
    On Friday I will be starting my third week with Hoodia. It really works. No hunger pangs from day one. But I am against pills also. So am I fooling myself with Hoodia?. I will continue for a firther 6 weeks.
    It is worth while reading it up online.