Help!

Options
I've lost it! I have no motivation and no will power anymore! Does anyone have any ideas? I need to lose like 11 pounds by May 26th, but I can't seem to get back the motivation that I need! I know that I can probably do this, but I just have no umph!...:ohwell: :cry:

Replies

• Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I've lost it! I have no motivation and no will power anymore! Does anyone have any ideas? I need to lose like 11 pounds by May 26th, but I can't seem to get back the motivation that I need! I know that I can probably do this, but I just have no umph!...:ohwell: :cry:
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    read through your goals eveyday. imagine the new you whenever you are tempted. find and discover new healthy foods. sometimes we get sick of what we are doing and need a change.:smile:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options
    Thank you! :laugh:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself?? Also, maybe take a night off - or maybe you've taken several already. Think about why you want to lose the weight. Is it that TOM? If it is, relax a little and do the best you can. Ummm . . . go out and take a walk and appreciate all the good things your body does for you and think about helping it work more efficiently and better. Get a new workout tape/outfit/program that inspires you. Buy or checkout at library a new book about fitness and health. Or just go take a bubble bath and say "Tomorrow, I am going to do this." Then do it. (I know, I know.) I have found that this is like being married - I don't always wake up and feel all warm and fuzzy about dh, sometimes am totally p-ssed and just want to slap him, but it is a commitment. Love is not only an occassional feeling, but also a choice. Sometimes we just have to choose to do it then the feelings/motivation follow.

I don't know if any of this will help you. All have helped me at various times. Also - reaching out for support is great!! Congrats on your accomplishment so far - you can do this!! :drinker:
  • Me_Im_2b
    Options
    Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself?? Also, maybe take a night off - or maybe you've taken several already. Think about why you want to lose the weight. Is it that TOM? If it is, relax a little and do the best you can. Ummm . . . go out and take a walk and appreciate all the good things your body does for you and think about helping it work more efficiently and better. Get a new workout tape/outfit/program that inspires you. Buy or checkout at library a new book about fitness and health. Or just go take a bubble bath and say "Tomorrow, I am going to do this." Then do it. (I know, I know.) I have found that this is like being married - I don't always wake up and feel all warm and fuzzy about dh, sometimes am totally p-ssed and just want to slap him, but it is a commitment. Love is not only an occassional feeling, but also a choice. Sometimes we just have to choose to do it then the feelings/motivation follow.

I don't know if any of this will help you. All have helped me at various times. Also - reaching out for support is great!! Congrats on your accomplishment so far - you can do this!! :drinker:

Thank you! That really means a lot! And I love that analogy, It's so true! :smile:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Try going out and finding an outfit you REALLY REALLY want.. try on most likely you wont like it on you YET. so thats how i keep my self motivated when i get in a slump.. GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I haven't got the umph to continue but have made my mind up on going on. It is a good idea to plan. Make that extra effort in finding new things to try weather its an activity or a food. It might take a few days but you will begin to appreciate the effort you put into the planning.

Good luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    it is very difficult to change in a month or too it took us a our life time to learn the food habits and it will take every day telling yourself that you can do it. As i take my daily walks and my body hurts and leg cramps start I keep on walking and push myself a little harder or the office is eating something that smells sooo good but I know I cant have because it will taste great then but it wont be worth me God forbid sick. I always forget to do something nice for me but I now give myself little treats when I am doing well and sticking to my healthy choices. make little goals dont think of the month think of the day you are in and the that moment and you will make the right choice. :drinker:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree with the take the day off idea. Give yourself a day or two to not worry about it. Have a cheat day, no exercise, without guilt. Afterwards, you just may find you are ready to go again :flowerforyou:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    And just remember that you've come so far and worked too hard to give up now. I completely understand..I've been REALLY stressed out the past couple of weeks and there are so many times were I haven't wanted to excersize or watch what I eat, but I'm finally getting closer to my goal and don't want to give up now! You can do it!!

Oh, something I've done as a special treat is gotten some ice cream, but I walked the 1 1/2 miles to the Dairy Queen to get it..burns off most of the calories in the medium twist cone! SOOO worth it!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Oh, something I've done as a special treat is gotten some ice cream, but I walked the 1 1/2 miles to the Dairy Queen to get it..burns off most of the calories in the medium twist cone! SOOO worth it!
    [/quote]

AGREED!

Just remember nothing taste as good as thin feels!:happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not easy and there will be sooooo many ups & downs, but remember, you're doing this for the long haul. You're young, pretty and have your whole life ahead of you! :smile:

Become the strong, healthy, empowered woman you are meant to be! :flowerforyou: