i need female advice

Options
2»

Replies

• cryshelle247
    cryshelle247 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    thanks u guys i really appreciate all the advice. and i always seem to get waste a waist mixed up my mother told me the difference a few days ago but i still seemed to get them mixed up. i have spoken to my ob gyn. but i have also go advice from friends, and they told me that taking birth control can make it harder try and have a baby in the near future and that really scared me.

but now i know the trick is to eat dark chocolate that explains why i made those dark chocolate cupcakes. and now i know to drink tea. oh and dont worry about the laughing my little cousin was laughing at me because i told her i had an "accident" she thought i meant i peed on myself lol but i really do appreciate all this advice. i actually feel more comfortable and not so embarassed. now im craving garlic bread :grumble:
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth - A LOT> Everything tastes like crap after you brush.... except water.
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    I try to just drink a lot of water throughout the day. Then if I really cant help it ill make some eggs, or a salad, or eat some cheese or peperoni.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so my period came 2 weeks early because of my new exercise routine I guess! It explains why for the past 2 days I have totally cheated and have eaten everything in sight. I was so concerned because this never happends except during this time of the month....So I feel better knowing why I felt the need to eat so much. And it's nearly impossible for me to exercise, cramps keep me bed ridden, like right now. Well, good luck! My best advice is to keep yourself distracted. That's why I'm on here right now, good luck :)
  • i_love_pickles
    Options
    I have found that a good way to defeat those cravings, is gum try the flavored stuff like the desert kind i know it isnt the like eating a big piece of chocolate cake .......but if the gum just isnt enough i suggest getting a 60% ghiradelli chocolate bar and smuckers natural peanutbutter and have a piece of that everyday it is healthy and is bound to put you in a better mood(: just make sure you are only eating one cause calories do add up fast.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I would like to know that too as well.
  • leelavic
    leelavic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Apologies, I have not read every reply, but try replacing the food you're craving with something healithier: http://www.dailytransformations.com/2011/05/05/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/

And drink a ton o' water!
    Good luck!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Find your triggers to cravings. It will help. Why are you craving it? Is it a good idea? Another way to help those cravings is eat a small amount, but MAKE sure you can portion control yourself. Seriously. OR a good idea, I've found that I allow myself a treat one in awhile, if I'm good on calories, and also the longer I stay away from that food, then I try it and find I don't really like it that much anymore, and I don't crave it anymore.
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My cravings are usually the worst after dinner, which is pretty much the most deadly time for me to eat. I find that forcing myself to go to the gym for a few hours gets me both distracted and out of the house (which means away from food!). Basically I distance myself from the kitchen and the house itself :P

Being in college (i.e. dirt poor), it's a lot easier to avoid buying sugary/chocolaty food when I'm away from home because I know my poor debit card can handle it just about as well as my tummy ;)
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    even when I wasn't heavy my periods have been heavy. I relate to finding them an embarrassment as well. I worry because of mine being so heavy everyone will know so I always wear the darkest black. I sure wish mine were very light.
  • Emmy248
    Emmy248 Posts: 18
    Options
    believe it or not my mom never explained to me what a period was she just said what do u want pads or tampons. it scares me to see blood all over the place bekuz there so irregualr and been irregular my whole life i dont see my periods as much as other women do .. i never had a routine or know how long they will last. i get jealous of girls who know when there periods r gonna come and how long there going to b on them. one time i went a whole 5 months without a period and when it finally happened i was on it for weeks. im already considered anemic. this is the 1st time in years i have my period naturally back to back without any birth control or anything i honestly think because i changed my diet and have been exercising. but now i just cant handle it.
    Yesssss! I'm so so glad I'm not the only one with irregular periods. I haven't had mine in well a very long time (longer than you) and I was starting (and still do) think that I'm weird and the only one that has irregular periods. I got a blood test and everything was normal so... guess I'll just have to wait but I'll probably scream when I have one out of joy (weird huh?) but I'll feel normal
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My first line of defense = gum.

I also just account for all the chocolate I know I'm going to eat and RUN my *kitten* off so I can have MORE!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've been all over the place cycle-wise for about a year. I'm pretty sure I had a really early miscarriage and it threw my cycle for a tailspin. (I had one years ago and recognized the signs.) Anyway, I usually have two periods a month and they last 5-10 days. My dr has changed my pills a couple times and I'm almost normal again... I think... fingers crossed. But the emotional toll it takes can be brutal. And why, oh why, does it always seem that bad-for-you foods will help?!? I do it too, hon. Sadly, an apple will never replace a cookie.

My advice, as lame as it will sound, is to talk yourself out of overdoing it. Give in to small amounts of the treat or you might overconsume in other areas to compensate. If, say, Oreos were your thing, you could get the 100 calorie bags of Oreo crisps and only allow yourself one bag a day. Really LOOK at the treat you want and ask yourself if the progress you've made is worth taking the steps backward. I won't lie, some days I say yes and go for it anyway. But if you really take a good hard look at what you've accomplished and what you're doing... it starts to sink in. I have found it a LOT easier to say no to the things I know I shouldn't eat when I look at them long and hard first and think, "Do I really want to record that in my food tracker on MFP?"
  • crossuturn
    crossuturn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You probably need to have your doctor check you for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). I was diagnosed with it after having very irregular periods and difficulties with weight gain/loss. If you do have it then you can educate yourself on what you really need to be eating and doing to control the symptoms. Every since my diagnosis, I started exercising, taking doctor recommended meds and vitamins, and changed the way I eat and have lost 19lbs so far. If you know what you have then it is easier to control...and you will feel a lot better! I now have regular periods every month. Once you are regulated the pain and flow gets less and it's not so scary.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    thanks u guys i really appreciate all the advice. and i always seem to get waste a waist mixed up my mother told me the difference a few days ago but i still seemed to get them mixed up. i have spoken to my ob gyn. but i have also go advice from friends, and they told me that taking birth control can make it harder try and have a baby in the near future and that really scared me.

Okay, I feel the need to address this. There is NO evidence that taking reversible birth control methods will impact your chances of getting pregnant, once you are off them. A great number of women take birth control pills, so I'm sure if taking them had a great impact on fertility later on, it would be breaking news. With the pill, I know that with some women have a disruption of there cycle for a little while after going of of it, before they get back to regular periods, but that's it. What your friends have told you is a myth, and you should stick to the advice you get from credible sources. Check with your OB-GYN if you aren't sure. Here is an article I found, written by an OB-GYN, with their own answer to this: http://www.babycenter.com/404_can-long-term-use-of-the-pill-make-it-harder-to-conceive_1404486.bc
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You have gotten so much good advice and insight. I would also encourage you to drink more water and avoid soda if at all possible. The soda promotes bloating and cramping. I am also one with very heavy periods. I had a blood clot so I can not be on birth control to assist with regularity. I would suggest that you see an endocrinologist (hormone doctor) to be tested PCOS. The OB/GYN will not be able to manage this as well.